Chapter 2

You mutter beneath your breath, having moved to the floor after contemplating your misdeeds presented itself in the form of a mighty pain in your back. It made you feel as if you were well within your 60s, you grimaced at the thought, not looking foward to creaky bones and soreness your old age held.

You picked yourself up with a groan, heading to the bathroom bitterly. The bathroom was a right mess, various items were strewn about the floor haphazardly, a towel thrown to the side, there was also blood on the sink and floor. Anxiety spiked through you when you recalled, his blood. You pushed that thought from your mind, sighing and checking he time on your phone, sighing louder when it didnt light up. Dead, and you didnt have your charger with you. Great.

You set it down on the table and moved to the other side of the room, towards the living and kitchen. The living room was bare except for a large couch, the texture was rather odd, the material was sleek looking but had a suprisingly rough feel. Sitting on it proved its comfortable qualities, it sunk with you as you sat with a comfortable huff. It felt so inviting for another nap but you got up, there would be time for naps later, for now we have to take stock of our situation.

Walking into the kitchen area, it appeared as similarly devoid of attention as the rest of the room. The cabinets were empty and the shelves contained a set of various pots and pans, the silverware was nothing impressive either. Turning to the refrigerator you gave it a curious glance, you half expected it to have something inside. Popping it open revealed it did have something inside, it was lined with bottles of water and even a few cans of select soda, how long have they been there?

After seeing that the freezer held nothing you returned to the table and stood there for a bit. Judging by the small rays of sun you could expect it to be early dawn, hearing how hard Morrison crashedlast night would mean that he wouldnt be awake at this hour. You could have some time to clean the bathroom and then meet up with him to discuss your possessions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You locked the door behind you and strolled down the hallway, a clean bathroom helped your state a mind and a hit shower and a change of clothes made you look rather presentable. You had to guess it was around maybe 9, much to the lack of help from your phone in your pocket. You made it to the previously visited office and gave it a knock, seeing the lights already on gave you confidence that he wouldnt mind a small intrusion. Soon enough the doors opened and you were greeted by a different face, they tensed momentarily but relaxed and opened the door wider, beckoning you in. Once inside he closed the door and strode over to Morrisons desk.

"Greetings," a deep gravelly voice echoed the room, you nodded in response, taking a seat. He looked alot younger than Morrison, maybe all the stress aged his face faster, a milky brown beard adorned his face. Overall, he looked like he fared these past few years better than the latter. Chancing a glance past him you see Morrison on a couch far away, he has a blanket wrapped around him. The other man noticed your gaze and hummed, sitting down opposite of you.

"Hes still exhausted, so ill be taking over command for a while. Reyes by the way."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Daft Diner, you chuckled to yourself, what a funny name. Thought then again you had no type of food so it was a warm welcome. You remembered to give Reyes a thank you for the suggestion. It was a few minutes down the road so once you were out of Headquarters it wouldnt take to long.

"Hey (y/n)! Wait up!"

Turning around you see a group of people, another person having trailed ahead and closing in to your position. It the short and spritely girl from the receptionist office. Lena was her name?