Call for war

I was still resurrecting from the scene few days back. The next day, we sat with Tah and mother to explain to them what happened. As expected they both were hysteric and blaming themselves for not knowing that I was suffering so much. I hadn't seen Noah, Kira and Ethan since that day. She might have taken up my position as the Luna but she didn't do it intentionally. I should see her today after meeting Tah.

It has been weird since I woke up. I started noticing a few things, like when someone lied I would get this bitter sweet taste in my mouth, also I could smell things better and my eyesight has gotten sharper. And one thing I discovered using them was that Tah had been masking her scent. If it had been any time before I wouldn't have known, but now with my increased senses I could easily spot it.

I knocked on Tah's door before entering it. She rubbed her cheeks furiously and gave me a smile, which anyone could tell was a forced one.

I ignored her puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks and sat down beside her, on the bed.

"Carol, how are you? Do you still have body pain? Should we visit the doctor?", she asked with real concern.

"I am alright. I came here to talk to you."

"Oh? What is it?"

"Why have you been hiding your scent?", I asked her looking in the eye.

At first she seemed to be shocked at my question, but she masked her emotions while looking around the room.

If she was hiding something from me then her first approach will be...

"What are you saying? I am not doing anything as such."

...Denial.

Seeing that I wasn't fazed by her dubious denial, she finally gave in.

But I knew better. Next slant will be a bitter sweet moment.

"Okay fine, I am practicing to conceal my scent. I am trying different training methods. I felt guilty that I couldn't help when you were kidnapped.", she said hugging me.

There, I felt the bitter sweet taste swarm through my mouth. But this time I felt it in my heart too. She was lying to me. My best friend since childhood was lying to me. But I understood her. She will tell me when the right time comes.

I left the topic from there.

"I am sorry for what my brother did to you. It's a good thing that you rejected him. He deserves it and more."

"How much do you know?"

"Everything. He told us that day in the living room. I now understand why you didn't want to tell us. You didn't want us to see his ugly side, but it was inevitable."

I nodded and hugged her back. There wasn't much I could tell about that anymore. I could only wish that he doesn't repeat the same mistake twice.

Later that day when I was going to see Kira, Daniel joined me.

Shouts came from inside the house. When we stepped in, all three pairs of eyes were on us.

"She, she is the reason behind all this. If it hadn't been for her, you wouldn't have been kidnapped.", Noah said pointing an accusing finger at me.

"Now, now, we all know that it wasn't her, she even helped with rescuing her.", Daniel said in a calm voice, but I could hear the tremble at the end of his voice. One more word wrong, his calm façade shall break.

"No, for all we know it might have been one of her acts.", Noah continued.

All this time, I never got the bitter sweet taste in me. Wow, he really did feel like that about me.

"Oh do you think so? Why don't we ask the person who was kidnapped about it?", Daniel said and turned to Kira.

He looked at her in the eye before asking.

"Do you think it was Caroline who assisted your kidnap?", he asked with so much conviction. Conviction, as if he knew the whole truth.

"Of course, she would think, who else would do that?"

"I am talking to her and I expect answers only from her.", he said before turning back.

She shook her head.

"But sis-"

"Ethan", she shook her head at him, "If that is all, then we shall be returning back to our pack.", she said pulling Ethan along.

"Kira, wait.", Noah shouted running behind her.

Hours after Kira left, despite Noah's protests, uncle called us to his office for an emergency meeting.

Once we were all in the room, he took out a letter from his table and passed it to Daniel and asked him to read it out.

This letter is to inform you about the oncoming war we declare on your pack...

Unknown person's POV

"You defy me, I step up my game. Now you shall face my wrath."