The Escape

"Matthew Sharp", he said putting out his hand.

"What?", I asked him confused as to what he is telling.

"My name is Matthew Sharp, your grandfather.", he said smiling sweetly.

Now I know, why I felt familiar, he is my granddad, of course he would be familiar.

"Caroline Dunbar"

"You know, you resemble her too much. You both would pass for twins with a few differences here and there.", he said sitting back down.

"I know, I have been told and I have witnessed it myself.", I said remembering my dream.

"How is Hana? Hasn't she come along?", he asked looking around.

"You don't know?", I asked him, shocked.

"Know what?", he asked confused.

"She- she died after giving birth to me.", I said not knowing how to phrase it in a less blunt way.

"What? Those leeches, I will make them pay for it. How dare they kill my girl?", he shouted before muttering profanities under his breath.

"I heard that you went missing after the attack all those years back, where were you?", I asked remembering what mother had told me.

"I didn't go missing, I was captured by the vampires along with my mate and my beta.", he said dejectedly.

"Where are they?", I asked looking around.

"They couldn't make it out.", he said.

"What do you mean?", I asked him my interest highly piqued.

"After we were taken away, we were experimented on, but my mate, your grandmother couldn't withstand it for long. I don't know how long it was, but I know it was a little over few years. All the experiments they did on her drained her energy, slowly draining her life.", he said looking down at the scribbles he had made. On closer inspection I found what was written in it. Amelia.

"What about Elijah grandpa?", I asked worried.

"How do you know him?", he asked surprised.

"He is Melaine mother's dad, so of course I know him.", I said as though it was the world's obvious thing.

"You know Melaine?", he asked yet again surprised but this time in soft tone.

"Yep, she has been my mother all along. She and mom found their mates in the same pack. She is the Luna of my pack.", I said.

He nodded his head before speaking.

"I knew about your mom having a beta mate but I didn't know Melaine found an alpha mate, much less the same pack.", he said, slightly taken aback.

I nodded my head in understanding.

"Elijah escaped along with me, but two weeks after we did we had to fight a group of rogues. We might have been strong in the past but we were still recovering our health from the continuous experiments those leeches put us through. So fighting was difficult, much less a group of 6 rogues. We managed to fight them until one suddenly jumped at me. Elijah came in front of me and took the bite. Even then, he shook of the rogue and fought without slacking. In an hour, all the rogues lay dead on the ground, while I helped Elijah lie on a tree, all the while as he fought his death. Eventually he died from all the blood loss and energy drain in the fight. I carried him and brought him here to my land and buried him under. Since then I have been here.", he said looking somewhere in distance.

"How long is this you speak of?", I asked.

"About three months ago. The vampire king had a war to fight and most of the vampires had gone for it. On one of those days a young vampire, around your age, came and released all those who were confined in there. That is how we escaped there.", he said.

"It was the same war in which I took revenge for my mother's death and for my own sake."