Training

By now word has gone around that I was a half vampire, but even then gasps could be heard when I shifted into my dark black wolf with blood red eyes.

This was the second batch I was training, for that day. We couldn't slack, as they shall arrive anytime. We were training all the children above twelve, just in case if we happen to need some backups.

For outsiders, it might not be a great image to see us training pups for a war. But this was no normal war; we aren't fighting another pack, but the vampires.

~Three days ago~

Uncle called us to his office for an emergency meeting. Once we were all settled, he gave a letter to Daniel to read out.

This letter is to inform you about the oncoming war we declare on your pack. You defy me, now I have stepped up my game. All of you be ready to face my wrath. Stay alert I might surprise you.

Yours lovingly,

Vampire King

Daniel gave back the letter to uncle, shocked. Every one of us was equally shocked. We didn't know how we landed ourselves in such a problem. Fighting another pack might be a cakewalk but it is vampires we speak of, totally different.

~Present~

After having told the pack about the war declaration, the male warriors along with the alphas and betas trained the male population, while the female warriors along with me, Tah and mother trained the pups.

For the past three days we have been training the children and sparing amongst ourselves, once in a while. We trained them as much as possible, in a level they can cope with.

I was correcting a boy's posture when a group of warriors entered our pack and came towards us. I was alerted by their presence, similar to other ladies and took a protective stance in front of the children. I bared my canines at the leader standing in front of them.

"We seek no harm, m'lady. We come from Serene Pack to help with the war.", he spoke.

"I was not aware of your arrival.", I said not losing my guard.

"Alpha Zach already spoke to me about this.", uncle's voice boomed behind me.

"Alpha", I bowed my head to him in submission.

He signaled for me to stand straight.

"Thank you for coming, pass my gratitude to your alpha.", he said to the leader.

"Will do, sir."

"You shall train with the others over the other side.", he informed them.

He nodded his head before leading his team in the said direction.

Before any of us could get back to our previous work, a scream split through the air.

"ALPHA!!!!!"

Third person's POV

The whole crowd gathered around, where the shout came from, with Orion and Caroline in the front.

There lay in front of them, the lifeless body of their pack member, in wolf form. Attached to him was a letter. Caroline went forward and took it off him. The letter said:

'The game of death shall begin, on the count of three...'