Chapter 8

Sam was waiting at the pool area when they came in. She had gone with Bree and Ethan to their room to change since that's where she had left her back pack.

They had no sooner stepped onto the concrete when Bree rushed passed them and cannonballed into the water sending a wall of water all over them.

The two men groaned and laughed and Nadia joined them with a screech of laughter, she watched making sure that Bree was clear and then cannon balled in herself.

She came up to a coughing, but still laughing Bree. "It's up my nose! Up my nose!" Nadia watched as Ethan slid into the water smoothly next to her. Nadia had no problem admitting when a man had a great body and Ethans rippling muscles screamed it at her as he lowered himself into the water.

Sam was still standing on the edge and dipped his foot in, kicking water in her direction, his eyes narrowed but a smile played at the corners of his false pout.

With her attention gained, Sam flexed ridiculously, but it had the desired effect, Nadia was riveted on him as she backpedaled from the middle of the pool to the opposite end. Sam went to the side and dove smoothly in and in less than two seconds had cut through the water to surface just a few inches from her.

The two couples found themselves in their own little bubbles now, Nadia and Sam retreating to the shallow end of the pool together leaving Ethan and Bree in the deep end.

"You did great earlier with Britta, the lady in red, it was about time someone brought her down a notch or two."

"I don't normally lose my shit like that, but she was so rude. When she started talking about Bree I couldn't just sit their quietly anymore."

"Ah, so that's what did it." Sam stated, finally understanding her motivation.

"I didn't want to embarrass Bree so I didn't say anything about it."

"Ethan will appreciate that. Her insecurities are something they work on daily."

"Really?" Nadia asked, astounded, the young woman seemed so confident in her own skin.

Sam nodded looking over at the pair who were huddled close before turning his attention back to Nadia.

"Can I ask you something about your insecurities," he said carefully.

She narrowed her eyes slightly, considering, she really liked Sam and wanted to be open with him, she gave a short nod.

"I couldn't help but notice that you don't shave. Is that why you cover up so much?" Sam asked quietly as they sat on the bottom of the pool.

Nadia instantly became uncomfortable shifting from side to side shrugging.

"I'm not trying to embarrass you, just trying to figure out what makes you tick." He said nudging her with his shoulder.

"One of many reasons. My skin is super sensitive and tend to break out really badly if I shave, so I just stopped. It's not exactly acceptable for a woman to walk around hairy so I tend to just wear pants all the time. The rest has kind of evolved. I got made fun of for being tall and sort of masculine looking. As a teen, I would put on dresses and makeup and get told I looked like a man in drag. Hence, my question to you earlier." She explained. "It was just more comfortable for me to pretend I was a guy if I was out and about then have people staring at me."

"And you never considered that people were staring because you are beautiful."

"Pfft...no. Is this what they mean when they say water therapy?" she said flatly.

"Don't think so. Let me tell you though, whether you shave or don't shave makes no difference to me. It's your body you do whatever you want with it." He said seriously then reached his hand out to stroke the limb in question.