Chapter Two

A/N Wow guys look who updated twice in one week. XD anyways hopefully I'll be updating a lot sooner now. I may be a little preoccupied during the week but on the weekends expect one to multiple updates!!! I promise this time. :)

I closed my eyes and waited for the peircing pain of the arrow. But it never came. I opened my eyes in time to see the arrow peirce his armor. I froze, how could such a simple attack go so wrong so fast? I dropped to my knees next to Oreius. He grabbed my hand as he lay dying,

"I once told you that I was with you till the death," he whispered, as his breath left his body and his eyes glazed over.

I sat back on my knees and let out a scream that stopped the fighting surrounding me. It was so full of sorrow, the kings and queens leaving, the Telmarines invasion, Oreius' death, and my failure to hope. I had failed.

A solider came at me sword raised and screaming.  I made no move to stop him. At the moment of impact I jolted awake.

I sat up breathing heavily tears flowing down my face. I wiped a paw over my eyes and stood up and stretched. I looked over at Caspian sleeping peacefully. I crept out of the room and made my way to Cornelius' Library. He was usally asleep so on the nights I didn't sneak out I would come here and read. I padded into the room and looked around saw no one and then shifted to my human form and grabbed a book.

I heard a gasp of surprise and whirled around. There stood Cornelius with a look of utter disbelief on his face.

" I only know of one other person who could do that and she's dead," he spoke.

I sighed knowing that he would ask questions. I knew of him being part dwarf so I felt a certain understanding.

"Not dead dead, just in hiding," I said and shifted to my old identity.

He gasped as his eye filled with tears. He rushed over to me and hugged me.

"General Willow you bring hope to my old soul, that maybe you will free us," he said.

"I will but not alone. I need help," I said. Cornelius gave a look of understanding like he knew who I was talking about.

"Caspian will be ready he'll know what to do," Cornelius said. I nodded.

"Miraz will want to kill him as soon as his wife gives birth so we'll have to get him out of the castle before that happens. That night at the very latest. He is the key to Narnia's freedom," I continued.

"I will have set a plan in motion, the tides have turned in Narnia's quest for freedom,"