Bee's Flying High

"You okay?" I ask Sean, as we walk hand in hand through a flower jungle.

"Yeah, I just don't need Hank telling me what to do all the time." 

"I get it, my dad always tries to step in, but always seems to embarrass me instead." 

"Really? Like what?"

I think for a moment. "One time, I was trying to get a job at the library and so my dad went in there and tried to make me sound as good as possible to get me accepted." We both chuckle. 

"Isn't that the worst? When they try so hard?" 

I shake my head. "No. The worst is when they don't try at all, trust me." 

With that I walk away to Kailani leaving him with something to think about. "Hey."

"So, how'd the conversation go?"

"Good, I think I may have offered a different perspective on things."

She nods. "Good, I think that you are good for him. I mean he stopped flirting with me, like a douche, and he held your hand this whole time." Kailani smirks at the end.

"Yeah maybe." 

"Julia, just think about what I'm saying." 

_____________________________________________________________________

We all walk in silence, Sean catching up to the two of us girls, and grabbing my hand again when we run into a bit of a problem.

"Alexander, are you sure your compass readings are correct?" The large Samoan man asks.

"Why?"

"Why, because we're down here, and we need to be all the way up there." Hank explains pointing to the top of the mountain in front of us.

"For every problem, there is a solution, my large friend. And I think this might be a fun one." 

Hank imitates the older man, comparing him to Mary Poppins saying he might fly us to the top of the cliff.

"I knew you'd be good for something. Better wait here Henry." Alexander says, chuckling as he walks away to who know's where.

"Where's he going?" Gabato asks.

"I don't know, but that guy's completely out of his mind." Hank responds, making me nod my head in agreement. 

Just as we finish our short conversation, Alexander pops up out of the thrush above us on top of a bee. "Oh, I most certainly am. It turns out that mounting the bee is easy, if you don't look into it's eyes."

"That is so sick." Sean comments.

"No, I think I'm going to be sick. I have faked a bee allergy my whole life so that I don't have to do yard work, simply because I'm terrified of bees." I retort.

Sean laughs, and squeezes my hand in comfort, as he leads me to another bee. 

"Okay. Just don't look at it. Focus on me and then jump on with me and don't let go." 

I nod as he let's me jump on the back of the bee, after a moment I open my eyes and giggle. "Bee's flying high, you know how I feel." I sing.

Sean and I both laugh, as I we ride the bee up the mountain, and through a valley, observing the nature around us. 

"This is amazing!" Sean shouts.

"Like riding stallions across the Serengeti." Alexander compares.

"This is beautiful, talk about paradise!" Gabby adds. 

I smile. "It's gorgeous." Sean says looking at me. I blush in response as he turns back to looking where he's going, when Gabato gets a face and some full of what I assume to be bird poop.