•Hope Mikaelson•

"Do you guys reckon I should go for it?" I asked my sisters as we sat on my bed. Lizzie and Josie shared a look as I bit my lip nervously. I'd liked Hope for so long, and after finding out that she was bi the other day, I wanted to see if I had a chance with her. She was so brave and strong, stunningly gorgeous and caring, warm and everything I could ever want. We were close and there had been moments where I'd wondered if maybe my feelings for her weren't so one-sided after all.

"I don't know, Y/N, you're like her only friend here." Lizzie said, her concern evident in her voice.
"I think you should do it." Josie said immediately after. They looked at each other.
"Helpful." I murmured sarcastically. Josie broke her and Lizzie's silent staring match and turned to me.
"I see the way she looks at you, Y/N. She has this smile that she uses only for you, and she's always staring at you and finding excuses to touch you. I think you should ask her out." I smiled softly at Josie after she finished speaking, before looking to Lizzie; I knew she wasn't Hope's biggest fan, but her opinion still mattered to me. 

After a few moments of consideration, my blonde sister sighed.
"Josie's right. She obviously likes you, and as much as it pains me to say it, she's good for you." I beamed at both of them.
"Thanks guys." I said before hugging both of them. They hugged me back carefully.
"Just don't let me catch you making out with the she-devil!" I playfully pushed Lizzie and got up.
"Bye, you two."

All the way to Hope's room, my mind was roaring with thoughts about possible outcomes, worst case scenarios and what I was going to say.  I was so in my head, I didn't realise I was outside Hope's room until my hand was rising to knock on the door. A wave of cold panic washed over me. How on earth was I going to do it? She scared the shit out of me, in the best way possible; in the way where every moment I was with her, I was terrified of saying the wrong thing and losing her. The way where every time she touched me, my heart began to pound. The way where every time she said my name, I would have a physical reaction to her, whether it be my heart fluttering or shivers running down my spine.

I swallowed the lump that had risen in my throat and knocked tentatively on the wooden panels. My hands fiddled together nervously as I heard her footsteps approaching the door.
"Y/N, hey!" The girl who'd been occupying my thoughts opened the door and beamed at me. My mouth went dry as I looked at her. She was wearing a purple shirt and some leggings, and somehow managing to look adorable and sexy at the same time.

"Uh, hey, Hope." I mumbled, not meeting her eyes. I knew if I looked in her eyes, I'd lose all my nerve and bail.
"Come in, what's up?" She said softly. I walked into her room nervously and looked around. I'd been in her room before, but this time it felt different, the atmosphere charged with something electric. Hope shut the door and walked over to her bed, sitting down and patting the space next to her. I gulped subconsciously and sat next to her, my hands still fidgeting. "Everything ok?" She asked softly. Just her voice made me fall in love with her all over again. I nodded.

I tried desperately to organise my thoughts and calm my erratic heartbeat in the few moments of silence that followed.
"Um, I-uh, I wanted to ask you something." I stuttered out, my nerves nearly swallowing all my courage. Hope shifted a little closer to me and my pulse jumped again.
"Yeah, anything." She said, looking at me with with gentle eyes. I gulped again and took a deep breath.
"Ok, uh-I don't really know how to say this, and I just...just hear me out, ok?" Hope nodded, looking at me curiously. I brought my hands down onto my knees and closed my eyes briefly before opening them and gazing into hers. "We've been friends for a while now, and I've always thought... no that's bad. Lemme start over. I just think you're so... nope that's even worse. Ok, so-um, basically, what I'm trying to say is-"

Before I could even begin to properly ask what I'd come to ask, I was cut off by a pair of soft lips covering mine. My shock nearly caused me to pull away, but I recovered myself and kissed her back gingerly, my eyes fluttering shut as her hand came up to rest on my cheek. My mind, surprisingly, was quiet; my only thoughts were about how much I enjoyed the taste of her lips and the feeling of her mouth moving against mine. Her nose gently brushing against my cheek sent electric tingles shooting through me. Her hand caressed my cheek ever so gently, her other resting cautiously on my knee.

She pulled back first, and my eyes opened slowly, my hand coming up to brush over my lips in disbelief. An amused grin pulled the corners of her mouth up as I stared at her in shock.
"You were rambling." She murmured and brushed a strand of hair behind my ear. I was still speechless, my mouth slightly ajar. I must have looked pretty out of it, because she laughed quietly and pushed my mouth closed with a finger under my chin. My heart was beating out of my chest and my hands were shaking slightly. "What was it you wanted to ask me?" She teased and I blushed.
"I was gonna ask you if you wanted to go on a date with me." I breathed out, her kiss having filled me with confidence.
"Go on then." She raised one eyebrow at me, smirking mischievously.
"Ok. Hope Mikaelson, will you do me the honour of going on a date with me?" I said, half-jokingly, yet with genuine sincerity behind my words. She giggled and my mouth curved into a smile at the sound. It was the most adorable laugh ever.
"I'd love to."