•Penelope Park•

I opened my eyes groggily, rubbing at them tiredly. I breathed deeply as I looked up at the ceiling of my new room. It had been about 3 months since my foster brothers Landon, Rafael and I had arrived at the Salvatore School, and it seemed like we'd settled in. Raf was now alpha to the wolf pack, Landon was dating Hope, and I was doing well in all my classes. All of the unusual, supernatural attacks aside, everything was going well. I had new friends and I finally understood what I was. Dr Saltzman had been so helpful and I could always talk to Emma or Dorian if I had any questions or needed any help. I should've been feeling content, but one thing kept gnawing away at my mind: Penelope Park.

The raven-haired witch and I had hit it off straight away; I had been drawn to her snarky, sarcastic humour, because it was very similar to my own. She'd been assigned to be my 'buddy' of sorts, to show me my room, help me out around school, that kind of thing. However, our friendship had developed further than that in the 3 months I'd known her. I'd seen a different side to the Penelope everybody else knew; contrary to popular belief, deep down, Penelope Park was a softie. She'd opened up to me and told me things I never would have expected; about her parents, her insecurities, about why she broke it off with Josie. To my inner joy, she'd explained that whilst she would always have a bit of a soft spot for the brunette twin, she was over her.

We'd become really close friends, and pretty much knew everything about each other. I'd told her about my foster families, why my real parents weren't around, and about running away with Landon and Raf. She'd helped me a lot with my newfound skills and abilities as a werewolf, and in turn I would allow her to practise spells on me. We spent a lot of time together, the only times we were apart were when she had her magic classes and I had training with the wolves, and when we went to bed.

I sighed and flopped onto my side, kicking the covers off my legs and sitting up on my bed. The room was large and unlike anything I'd ever experienced in foster care. I was so unused to the double bed, that on my first night at the school, I'd slept on the couch to make myself feel more at home. Pathetic, I know.

It was a Saturday, so there were no classes on, but the wolves wanted to do a big run around the grounds and then back to the gym for some fighting. I blinked the sleep out of my eyes as I got up and got changed into my training gear. Most of the guys would be doing it shirtless, but given that I was the only girl in the pack, I put my blue running shirt over my sports bra and chucked on some black shorts. Honestly, the last time I'd just worn my sports bra, half the guys had spent the time staring at me instead of actually training. Raf had gotten severely annoyed at that, one because nobody was actually training, and two because I was basically his sister and they were all eyeing me like I was their next meal. He knew I wasn't doing it on purpose, guys weren't even my thing, but from then on he requested I be more covered.

I made my way down to breakfast, pulling my hair up into a high ponytail as I went. The day was bright with the sun, and it clearly reflected the other kids' moods; all the people I passed on the way down to the hall were chatting happily and laughing. I grabbed a plate and began to pile on the food; I was going to need it for the day I had ahead of me. I spotted Landon sitting with Hope, very obviously in the middle of some sappy conversation, and Raf sitting with Josie and Lizzie. Deciding to leave them to their respective chats, I searched for a place to sit.
"Weren't thinking about ditching me, were you?" I heard a voice say from behind me. I turned to see Penelope smirking at me, holding her breakfast with one eyebrow arched. I grinned back and shook my head.
"I wouldn't dream of it."

We walked over to an empty table and sat began, digging into our food, talking mindlessly. I told her about the run and the training and she said she was planning on getting through all her homework for the next week. I inhaled sharply in faux shock.
"Penelope Park, doing homework?!" I said teasingly and she shoved my shoulder with one hand as the other raised her pastry to her mouth.
"Shut it. Anyway, I was hoping you could come over tonight?" I swallowed the bite of toast I'd just taken and looked at her questioningly.
"What for?"
"I've been learning how to do a truth spell, and I was hoping you'd let me test it out on you." I thought it over while I chewed on my food.
"I don't know, Pen, I mean, what if I tell you stuff I shouldn't?"
"Oh come on! We practically know everything about each other."
"Not everything." I mumbled under my breath so she couldn't hear me.
"Listen, it'll be controlled, I'll only ask you questions like 'what's your favourite colour' and that kind of thing. Nothing personal." She raised her hands as if to show me she was being honest. I sighed and shrugged.
"Yeah, ok. Sure."
"Thanks, Y/N." She said as she got up, finishing her breakfast. "You're the best."
"I know." I said teasingly as she placed a hand on my shoulder from where she stood.
"Be at my room by 7?" I nodded again but froze as I felt her swoop down and press a soft kiss against my cheek. Before I could even respond, Penelope was gone, leaving me a stuttering, blushing mess.