Chapter 5 - Heartbroken

A note from the author.

Hey, guys! So, quick update! After this fanfic is finished(which will probably take at least a month), I'm still gonna keep writing new ones, and I already have thought of an idea!*wink wink nudge nudge*. Anyways, I know I'm uploading new chapters very often, and I hope you like that. As always, thank you for choosing my fanfic! Enjoy!

-"What's the big deal about telling me about you quirk?!" she started to raise her voice.
-"..."
-"Ugh. Midoriya-kun, what's happened to you? What happened to that energetic first year that I heard so many things about after his fight with a childhood friend? What happened to the determined boy that won 1st place in the race during the Tournament? Ever since I've started dating you, you've been acting more depressed, and I'm starting to think that I'm the reason for that... So please, tell me what your quirk is..." her angry attitude now changed into sad.
-"...I can't say..." Midoriya quietly said, looking at his feet.
-"Why?"
-"...I can't say either..."
-"Then if telling your girlfriend about your quirk is such a big deal to you, then I guess I'm not worth it." she turned away as she left.
Midoriya, seeing this, shouted her name, as she got further away from him.
-"Nejire-senpai!"
He stood there after she left. Tears started falling down his face, as he kept insulting himself:
-"You insensitive fool! How could you lose your one and only girlfriend after dating her for about only a week! You idiot! You dumbass!" he kept going, until he eventually got tired and calmed down. He wiped the tears off his face, and went to the dormitories.

It was around 1:00 am when he returned to the dormitories. Surprisingly, everyone was still awake, except some, and they were playing cards. As Midoriya came up the stairs, they said hi to him.
-"Oh, Deku-kun is here!" said Uraraka.
-"Hey, Midoriya! How did the date go? Good?" asked Kaminari.
-"Come play some cards with us!" said Mina.
-"No, thanks guys. I'll go to bed now. Good night..." Midoriya said in a sad tone.
After he entered his room and locked the door, he immediately fell on bed without brushing his teeth, or taking off his clothes. He fell asleep just like that.

Class 1-A obviously noticed that clearly something was wrong and started talking about Izuku's date and theorizing on what had happened.
-"You guys noticed how Midoriya's eyes were a bit red? Ribbit." asked Tsuyu.
-"Yeah. And he didn't seem happy or normal, he even seemed sad." said Kaminari.
-"Good thinking, Sherlock." interrupted Jiro.
-"Hey!"
-"The little shit's obviously been dumped!" said Bakugo, but surprisingly, he almost looked like he felt bad for Izuku.
-"Yes." said Momo.
-"With women, comes responsibility." said Mineta, surprising everyone with his wise words.
-"Something went wrong after their movie..." said Shoto.
-"Yeah." said Ojiro.
Everybody sighed.
-"Maybe we should go to bed now. It's already past midnight." said Tokoyami.
After that, the students brushed their teeth and went to bed.
-"Good night!"
-"Good night!"
-"Good night!"
-"Hope you get nightmares, you bunch of extras! Haha!"
-"Rude!"

The following morning, Izuku got up pretty early, around 5:00 am, and prepared for school. He still was thinking about Nejire. He decided to take a run around the dormitories. He just couldn't get that blue haired beauty out of his mind.

Fast forward to lunch time. Midoriya entered the cafeteria and saw 'The Big Three' sitting in a table near the window.
-"Hey, Midoriya!" shouted Mirio.
-"Come here!" he said.
-"What's happening, dude?" asked Mirio.
-"Nothing good..." said Izuku in a sad tone.
Nejire looked at the boy with no emotions.
-"Soo, you two lovebirds ok?" asked Mirio.
-"..." Izuku didn't answer.
-"..." Nejire awkwardly looked at Izuku.
-"Oh..." realized Mirio.
Tamaki was sitting there and quietly watching.
-"Well, uh... bye..." waved Mirio.

Nejire also just couldn't take Izuku off of her mind. She kept looking at him all the time. They were still in love, they just didn't have the courage to apologize to each other.

Midoriya grabbed his bento and sat beside Shoto, Tenya, Katsuki, Kirishima, Sero, Mineta and Kaminari.

-"Hey Midoriya!" said Kaminari.
-"Hey..." Midoriya said slightly sad.
-"Ok. Midoriya-kun, as your friends, we request you to tell us what happened." Tenya said straight away.
-"Yeah. Running away from your problems isn't gonna solve them." Todoroki agreed.
-"*long sigh* Fine..."
-"It all started last week, Monday. I was about to head to the dormitories after school, when Nejire-senpai suddenly confessed about her love for me. I was in such a surprised state, that I, without knowing, told her that I loved her too. But, that girl managed to make me love her back, somehow. Everything was going fine, until the date that occurred last night."
-"Can you...explain the 'details' to us?!" Mineta said with saliva dripping from his mouth.
-"Shut up, Mineta." said Todoroki.
-"Well, we actually just watched a movie and were about to head to an entertainment park, when, out of the blue, she asked me about my quirk. I didn't answer her, and because of that, she thought she wasn't worthy to be my girlfriend..."
-"Why didn't you just tell her about it?" interrupted Kirishima.
-"The thing is, her thirst for the knowledge of my quirk wasn't satisfied just from the oversimplified version of the quirk itself, and she demanded an in-depth explanation of it, which was the real thing that I couldn't tell about to anyone, not even her." said Midoriya.
As he finished his last sentence, Bakugo instantly looked at him with a face like "Oh, that...". Seeing his out of character expression, Todoroki asked him.
-"What's wrong, Katsuki?"
-"Oh!" Bakugo said, coming back from his thoughts.
-"NOTHING, YOU HALF-AND-HALF IDIOT!!!"
Bakugo tried to look like his usual self, just barely avoiding any further questions.
-"Riiiiiiiight..." Todoroki said, as he narrowed his eyes at the blonde in suspicion.
-"Anyways, I think you should apologize to her, that way she will definitely be your girl again!" said Kirishima.
-"Same." Sero suddenly stated.
-"But what about her thirst for the knowledge of my quirk?" said Izuku.
-"What kind of thirst, hmm?" Mineta grinned pervertedly.
-"*Facepalm* Please, Mineta-kun, if you don't stop that-
-"THEN I'LL SHOVE YOUR DICK UP YOUR MOTHERFUCKING ASS!!!" Bakugo finished Tenya's sentence.
-"Yes. Something like that."
-"Guys? As Midoriya was saying..." briefly entered their little banter Kaminari.
-"Oh, yes, yes..." Tenya lifted up his glasses with his middle finger.
-"Well, what about her wanting to know about my quirk?" questioned them Midoriya.
-"I'm afraid you might have to tell her the truth, Midoriya..." said Todoroki.
As he heard those words, Midoriya's eyes slowly widened up.
-"That's the only way." said Sero.
He sat there for a few seconds, before standing up, saying his thank-you's for the advice.
-"..."
-"I think I'm full now... Thanks, you guys..." he said, as he left.

-"I'm afraid that you won't be my successor anymore, if you told just one more person about One For All's secret, young-Midoriya."

He remembered the words that All Might said to him after his first fight with Bakugo.
He still didn't understand to how All Might meant them. Would All Might somehow retract his quirk back from Izuku? Or would All Might just stop supporting him as a predecessor? Either way, both of them were equally terrifying to imagine.

He knew he shouldn't be spreading out the secret of One For All.

"Yet... I can't help but feel like it's necessary to tell Nejire-senpai about my quirk..."

That girl had done so much to him without even knowing. But Midoriya had broken her heart too...

"One For All or Nejire?"

A note from the author.

Hey, guys! Almost 1300 words, not bad! Well, thanks for reading this chapter. Stay tuned for the next one!