~• 9 •~

PART 9.. fanficparker

Harrison threw a slightly thick blanket on the floor and a thin one on the top with a pillow

Harrison threw a slightly thick blanket on the floor and a thin one on the top with a pillow. You had slept long before while discussing all the rules of the fake dating thingy. He had nicely tucked you in the bed, kept your notebook, glasses and phone secured on the bedside table, switched off the lights and now he was trying to sleep on the floor, holding a spare pillow tucked under his arm.

No. He couldn't sleep. Maybe because the floor still felt cold and hard on his back. He sat up, switched on that little lamp on the side table and took your notebook. Lying again on the little blanket-bed he made, he flipped through the pages. Occasionally, glancing at the rough sketches of flowers, sceneries, stick models with dresses, he ended up settling on the page you jotted down the rules of your fake dating contract in your handwriting. He started re-reading it.

Rule #1: Being a good listener. Not arguing till the other is finished explaining their stance.

"Believe me, Y/n if we don't stop arguing, there is no way this act is gonna last thirteen days. In a matter of hardly six hours, we have already fought for more than five times. This is far too unstable for any relationship." He had suggested this rule.

Rule #2: Being comfortable with each other. Start with holding hands, sharing glances at each other (not threatening ones), wrapping hands around the other's waist, giving a hug, little kisses on cheeks and forehead etc.

"I know I was the one coming up with this fake relationship thing. But as hard it is for me to accept, still, I will say the truth." You sucked in a breath as he looked at you, waiting for the truth. "Whenever you're sweet to me, I feel as if it's just an act and that you were actually plotting something against me. I am afraid to trust you."

His head hung low as a sharp blow of pain made the way into his heart. Guilt, regret and anger for himself rushed through his veins. His palms were again getting sweaty, it was again becoming hard for him to breathe. And maybe you noticed that. He felt your soft hands on the back of his own hand. He lifted his head to look at you, you were looking at him concerned.

"But I will like to try. I will like to give you a chance. Please make me trust you, Harrison." You pleaded.

Rule #3: Know each other. Like: individual likes, dislikes; having a friendly banter, sharing little tid-bits of life events etc.

"We should know each other better. That's the only way we could develop any understanding between us." You had suggested.

Rule #4: Just one kiss at your friend's wedding reception party, just for show. Or only in situations when it's absolutely necessary.

"We don't need any practice. People turn their heads away when they see people kissing." You told.

"Yeah. If we are comfortable with each other's touch, we could make anyone believe this is real."