Group expedition

Four, Three, and Eight all came through the grate one after another, with Eight very nearly falling on her face after them.

The Squid Sisters were already there, sitting by the cabin and apparently having some sort of argument with Octavio.

"Well would you perhaps believe me if I said I was beginning to regret it?!" Octavio snapped.

"No. Not even a little." The Squid Sisters replied in unison.

Octavio massaged his temples. "Well I am, lets just get that out there. Literally all I want is to-" He turned to the trio that had just arrived and his expression changed to something akin to a smile? It was hard to tell when he had no mouth. "Garratia! You're here! And your little crew of troublemakers!"

Eight shifted uncomfortably. "Pl-please don't call me that. That's not who I am..."

Octavio looked troubled by the response. "Still don't remember, huh? That's unfortunate."

Four noticed Eight's unhappy expression, so she tapped her on the shoulder. Once she had the Octoling's attention, she gestured to the still-present Squid Sisters.

The Octoling's eyes began to twinkle. "Oh...oh gosh...oh gosh they're right there..." She whispered in awe.

Callie waved. "Hey Eight! Nice to see you again! It's been a while!"

Marie waved in turn. "Hey."

Eight rushed over to them, Four following with a laugh.

As the Octoling began to talk the Squid Sisters' ears off, Three was left with Octavio. The pair of them shared a glare.

"What do you want?" Octavio growled.

"I need you to tell me what you know about Eight." Three replied, crossing her arms.

"You mean Garratia."

"I said Eight, but since that's who she used to be, then technically, yes, I want you to tell me about Garratia's past."

The Octopus leered. "Why do you care about her? I still can't figure that one out. She was an elite guard, you know. One of the best and bravest."

Three rolled her eyes. "Frankly, that's her business to tell, not mine. And I'm only asking you because you're the only one who can help me find her friend."

"Her friend?"

"He's one of the few things she remembers. He's an Octocopter. Know him?"

Octavio hummed in thought. A smug look came into his eyes. "He sounds...familiar. I do remember Garratia requesting to have him as a partner, him and Ilkani, I believe. Why should I tell you?"

Three's eyes narrowed. "Who's Ilkani?"

Octavio raised a tentacle in faux-horror. "Whaaaaat, don't tell me she didn't tell you about her girlfriend?! Isn't that a shame!"

Three made a sound of understanding. "Ohhh, that must be the Octoling she said she remembered. Nice, I'm sure she'll be happy to know her name at least." The Inkling smirked. "Thanks, Octavio, I was going to ask about her next, you're so helpful."

He slammed his face into the glass, groaning. "I hate you, I hate you so much, you stupid slimy brat."

"Feelings mutual. Now, are you going to tell me the Octocopter's name willingly, or are you going to continue to make a fool of yourself?"

Octavio turned his back to the Inkling, huffing. "I'm not telling you anything else. You have no business knowing about Garratia."

Three let out an exasperated sigh. "Look, Octavio, I know you hate me, but can you at least pretend you care about her?"