Act 2.5

CUT TO:

INT. RAMONA'S DORM ROOM – DAY

Ramona, tired from the day's work, sits on her desk and opens her laptop. The document is now thirty pages long. She yawns but is determined to finish it.

CUT TO:

INT. SALLY'S SANDWICH SHOP – DAY

Just an hour after opening, Ramona rushes in, holding a newly spiral-bound book in her hands. She heads straight for the kitchen.

CUT TO:

INT. SALLY'S SANDWICH SHOP KITCHEN – DAY

RAMONA: I've done it. It's finished.

Ramona slams the book on the clean countertop next to Simon. Simon looks up from the stove and at the book.

SIMON: Is that—

Ramona nods.

SIMON: (excitedly) Ramona, that's amazing! I gotta call Leo. (pause) Have you slept?

Ramona shakes her head.

SIMON: Christ. Okay. You take a seat. I'll go call Leo.

CUT TO:

INT. SALLY'S SANDWICH SHOP – DAY

Ramona, Simon, Haley, and Leo sit in one table. There are no costumers in sight. Ramona, Simon, and Haley look at Leo expectantly as he reads the script. Ramona is chewing anxiously on a sandwich Simon prepared.

Leo puts down the book.

SIMON: Well?

Leo exhales.

LEO: It's good. Just needs a little more fine-tuning, but it's good. (to Ramona) You did a great job characterizing Adam and Ruby. Except for a few awkward lines, I could see it in my head pretty vividly. I think I know exactly what to do with this, if you'll let me.

Ramona nods her head vigorously.

LEO: Okay, great. I'll put out a casting call, and we can deliberate together. We can also talk about splitting the winnings once everything is put into motion. Yes?

RAMONA: That's fine with me.

LEO: I'll call up my crew and let them know. I'll see if any of the people I worked with are interested in producing as well.

Ramona squeals in excitement.

LEO: Can you make me a copy of this?

He lifts the book. Ramona nods.

HALEY: (to Leo and Ramona) You'll let me audition, right?

LEO: Sure. I can actually see you as Ruby, if you've got the acting skills to match.

Haley snatches the book from him.

HALEY: (to Ramona) Can I read this?

RAMONA: Knock yourself out.

Simon and Leo chuckle.

LEO: I gotta get going. I have to help Kenny prepare for a date. (to Simon) I swear, sometimes it feels like he's my child.

SIMON: Good luck, man.

LEO: Alright, see ya.

Leo waves goodbye and exits the shop. As Haley reads, Simon looks over at Ramona. They smile widely at each other.