The Calm Before the Storm

Ring, ring, ring the class bells sounded out signalling the start of the class however...

"Boy#20:Shinji Mimura POV"
"Wake up, wake up!" said a voice with such hurrying intent. "Hey, hey!" The voice repeated . "Huh, what is it Yazuo?" I asked as I tiresomely got out of bed. "What do you mean what is it?We're late you dumbass!"Yazuo yelled on the top of his lungs startling me. "What???? How????" I asked as I recklessly got out of his bed." Shinji you dumbass, you put the alarm clock on 7 PM!" Yazuo yelled." It's hard to know what the hell I'm doing when I'm tired okay?" I yelled back at Yazuo as he hurryingly went to his drawers and wardrobes."Fuck, what should I wear? Shit I forgot to clean my clothes!" Yazuo exclaimed."Hey pass me my belt" I said as I dived into the pile of unfinished laundry I had." Damn it, we're late!" Yazuo yelled." C'mon we might make it if we run!" I yelled as I hurried for the door."Wait for me!" Yazuo yelled as he ran after me.

I'm Shinji and this is my story, me and Yazuo are roommates and although we may argue at times we are really good friends.

We ran as fast as lightning through the hallway passing by all the other dormitories with no other student in sight."Man that hag of a teacher is gonna yell at us again." Yazuo said with a tired breath as he ran farther and farther into the hall." There it is!" I said pointing at the classroom we were supposed to be in.

As we came to a stop I noticed a person come out of the classroom, a person I knew well and am friends with, the student was Keita the smartest kid in class and is the class president.

"Hey Keita is class starting?" Yazuo asked him as he stood in place to take a breath. "Wait you gu- Ah I should've known. You guys are late, again!" Keita told me and Yazuo as we finally had the time to catch our breaths."Pst... It doesn't matter what that decrepit old hag says" Yazuo said as Keita looks at him with a hopeless face." Ugh, whatever you guys should head in now, Mrs. Chua is looking pretty pissed.." Keita said with signals as a warning.

As I was going to add my opinion we heard a loud shriek travelling at the speed of light through the hallway. "MR. SHINJI, YAZUO AND KEITA WHY DON'T YOU SHARE YOUR LEISURELY CONVERSATION WITH US!" Ms. Chua shouted." Aw crap, I was too late in warning you guys.." Keita said with a face of pure terror." WHY THE HELL ARE YOU LATE AGAIN?" She added. "We're not late, all you buffoons are just early" said Yazuo with a rebellious smirk. "Yazuo are you kiddi——" Keita tried to say but got cut off by Ms. Chua. " ALL OF YOU GO TO THE PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE." Mrs. Chua said. "Wait, why am I—-" Keita tried to say but got cut off again. "SHUT IT!" Mrs. Chua then continued.

Well now we were just walking through the halls to the principal's office.

" Aw this sucks I have to go to the principal's office, damn..." I said with pure annoyance, man this sucks." Relax you'll get used to it dude." Yazuo responded with a calm and relaxed expression on his face."Isn't this your third one this week."I asked Yazuo tilting my head towards his as a sign of mockery." Uhhhhnh, No...." Yazuo said with a nervous and kind of laughing face. "Damn you troublemakers, you even brought me into this." Keita said putting his palm on his face." Not my fault the teacher is a idiot." Yazuo said looking in a different direction as Keita making Keita pretty pissed. " Shut it Yazuo, stop denying that you are in the wrong!" Keita yelled as he looked at Yazuo with an angry face." Tch, Whatever you say boss." Yazuo then added. "You're so annoying! Why don't you listen to anyone but yourself?" Keita yelled with pure anger."Whatever birdbrain." Yazuo told Keita with a mocking tone."You have no right in calling me that!" Keita said with an annoyed look on his face.

Keita and Yazuo's friendship is kind of a frenemy like thing, basically Yazuo likes teasing Keita and Keita is annoyed by Yazuo's rebelliousness, but overall, Keita, me and Yazuo are really good friends. We always stay together when the going gets tough.

As we were walking a girlish voice crept up behind the corner."Boo! Hehe, Did I scare you?" Chichiro as she pounced at Keita."Agh! Oh hey, it's just you Chichiro, I uh, didn't know you were there." Keita said. Keita's face was blushing, the thing is I think, no I don't think it cause I am pretty sure Keita likes Chichiro and they've been friends since forever so I wish Keita would just man up and actually tell her."Umm hey Keita, did you already tell the girl of your dreams that you like her" Yazuo jokingly said."Yazuo don't you think this counts as abuse, you know considering all the effects this has on the person you're using it on." I said in a joking manner as he laughs with Yazuo."Ehhh, Keita you have a crush?" Chichiro asked with her cute voice. "Uhhh, can I skip this?" Keita asked."C'mon I'm your bestest friend, pretty please?" Chichiro asked with her cute eyes. " Yeah Keita why don't you tell her?" Yazuo remarked signaling Keita to go for it." It's not like you to be so shy." Yazuo added. "Uhhh, as class president I will not allow us to be late cmon everybody lets go!" Keita shouted to dodge the question." Okay Keita! Let's go!" Chichiro shouted as she ran after Keita.

" Those guys keep embarrassing us time and time again huh Shinji." Yazuo said jokingly."Hehe yeah, quite a lot actually.."Shinji responded with a grin on his face. "Hey Shinji, were we're friends right?" Yazuo said with a serious tone."Uh yeah why?" Shinji said concerningly. "Oh nothing, but Shinji you remember our promise right? About you, Keita and Chichiro."Uh yeah of course!" Shinji said.

I remember that time we were still young, but I remember every word, well never split up right?" Yazuo asked looking towards me."Hey, of course we're friends till the end!" I told Yazuo."I'm gonna go soon my parents don't want me in this place, I have to change schools." Yazuo added"But still before that let's not leave each other Keita." Yazuo added again as we looked towards each other. I nodded happily as we both smirked at each other fistbumping each other affirming ourselves of our friendship.

As me and Yazuo walked out of the hallway into the open gymnasium we heard whispers and chatting all around the place. As we got into the gymnasium we reunited with Keita and Chichiro near the exit of the gymnasium."Hey uh, Keita what's going on?" Shinji asked." Uhh, I don't know, beats me." Keita responded. "Wow, a question the great Keita can't answer, how surprising!" Yazuo said with another mocking tone ,covering his face with his hand to hide the laughter." Goddammit Yazuo!" Keita said as he glared at Yazuo but then looking all around the place." Huh wait a minute.." Keita continued."Why are the names of all of the students on the ceremony projector screen?" Keita then added." Oh yeah! Look that's Keita on number one and the rest of you guys in 20 and 13!" Chichiro exclaimed pointing at the numbers in the huge projector screen.

We were all quite shocked.. Because what stood in front of us was a projector with all the names of the 42 students of the class on it, members of the Japanese Military and.. the words Battle Royale inscribed on a banner in the opening ceremony.....