Chapter 6ii

Ryan’s POV

She was messed up. Her facial expressions switched in split seconds, weird but fascinating at the same time.

“I can drop you, ya know.” I sensed her tension and offered her a ride but I knew better. After that startlingly incredible kissing phase there was no way she’d possibly wana ride with me. Not that she had an option, suspecting she didn’t know anyone here other than me, well she does kinda know me ish right? Anyway, I gave her all the time she required to weigh it out. Didn’t wana show her my desperation.

Unexpectedly she declined my offer and began to walk away.

My brain still was too busy processing the kiss. Gosh, how I wish my life was a movie: I’d rewind to that scene until the next kiss and the next and the next. Certainly there were more of these kisses on there way if she felt the same way I did.

When our tongues united I lost control. My hands wanted to explore her. My lips wanted to exploit her. I wanted every part of her. I wanted…

Hang on. She is a Muslim. For all I know, she would be cursing herself right now for the “immense sin” she just committed.

As if on cue fingers snap right in front of my face.

“Drop me.” Zara commanded expressionlessly.

“Please? And say it like you mean it.” I wasn’t going to let this opportunity slip away easily. I loved to hear her speak... and annoy her.

“Fine. Ryan, please drop me.”

“Leme thi…” I preferred being in demand for longer but she smacked me on my arm and spun arrogantly expecting me to follow her. Well, that’s exactly what I did.

Focusing on the navigator even in absolute silence can be distracted. Especially when you’re driving with a girl you just kissed and your skull is smoky with questions and there's no chimney to let the fog out. Finally the painfully awkward journey was done. I pulled over and contemplated whether to speak up.

“Don’t…”

“Why…” We both break the silence simultaneously.

She did the usual eyebrow lift-drop at me; I presume, asking me what I wanted to say.

“Well, wanted to know why you came back, begging me to drive you home. Expecting another kiss eh ?” I mock.

She gave me a distasteful glare before replying. “Firstly, I did not “beg” you.” doing the awkward finger thing before continuing “… and secondly, calm thy tits. Don’t flatter yourself unnecessarily. There’s not gonna be another kiss, so suck it. And don’t ever, leme repeat, EVER bring that up again. Everything about it was just wrong. Bloody nightmare.” She blabbers getting off.