Chapter 12

Lou slowly opens her eyes and sees you staring again. "What's wrong?" she frown and worry she sleep talks again.

"Nothing. I just like to look at you." You lay next her and give her smile.

"oh good." She turns to you and hugs you closely.

"we should get up, it's noon." You pat her head.

"no." Lou moves down and bury herself in your chest. "It's too early." She keeps whining.

You let out a chuckle. "its almost 1."

Lou ignores you and keep hugging you. She whines and you continue talking. Your voice is so soft in the morning, and so sweet to her.

"Come on. I'm hungry." you whisper.

She finally give in, "fine." She then said with a childish voice. "I'm hungry too."

--

"Taste good." You watch Lou as she munching her breakfast.

"slow down."

"I'm Hungry." She just realized she has not eaten anything since she cleaned her place. "I didn't eat anything yesterday night."

"why not?" you ask.

"...Hmm. Stuff." Lou quickly takes the final bite.

"Okay, I thought you said you've got nothing to hide." Lou can see the same frustration from last night.

"I don't ..." she wipes her mouth and see you just sit there with your arm cross. She tries to keep with the stare but she can barely look at you without smiling. "Don't do that. Fine. I'll tell you."

"I'm waiting." You pout.

"I was cleaning my apartment. Last time you were there, you saw the picture. So I thought... if I want to continue this" you start to smile. "I should put her stuff away." This the third time Lou is being honest with you. This is more than she ever been with herself, which you can see how much she value this relationship. But her sincerity does not end here.

"What change?" you ask.

"You were playing hard to get, I guess that sparks my interest." Lou grins.

"Indifference is an aphrodisiac." Your reply crackle her.

Lou gasps and try to act surprise "is that your trick all along?"

"heh. Maybe." You give her a playful smirk.

Breakfast with you is nice and all, but Lou's stomach need more attention right now. She keeps staring your plate as you drink you coffee. "You still hungry?"

"A little." she look so adorable now. So you decides to give her a little treat.

"here. Open." You hold out your fork with some eggs and bacon on it.

Lou look at you with a smirk. "That's what I said the other night!" she jokes and takes a bite.

You roll your eyes and keep looking at the dork in front you. "You want more?"

"yes." A sincere answer from our baby Lou.

You can't help but laugh. "You sound like a little kid."

"argh." Lou whines. "Just feed me, honey." She then opens her month wide and you feed her the rest of your breakfast.

Lou rubs her stomach. 'I'm so full.' She is and she might need to get back to the gym after today. But it is worth it because she get to spent the morning with you. Just thinking about this, it make Lou's heart warms up. She look at you as you drink your coffee. She remember yesterday night and your asshole ex.

"so," you look up to Lou. "what's up with you and her?"

You hesitated. "... we started in high school. Nothing special."

She can see you're not being honest with her. "Bullshit." You try to avoid her eye. She let out a sigh. "The way she treat you." She pause. "it's awful."

You give her a bitter smile. "mhm."

Lou sits back with one hand on the table and the other hands on the chair. She cannot believe you're still not telling her. "you seriously not gonna tell me." She now is frustrated like you did.

"not here, Lou." You try to make up some excuse. But Lou is not going to let it slide.

"Let's go then. My place." She commands.

Lou and you walk out of restaurant. she want to saying something but you look like a lost soul. "Hey." So she grab your hand and lead you toward a newspaper stand. She buy a New York Times and a pack of cigarettes.

"you smoke." You seem surprise.

"yeh." Lou thought you knew already. "I usually smoke near the backdoor." She takes out a lighter and She can see you watching her lit her cigarette.

"Let's go." She decides to tease you and blows smoke on your face. You cough and wave off any smoke, then find Lou smirking in front of you.

"Lou!" you still cough a bit. "I don't like it when people smoke." She grab your hand and start walking to her bike.

"I know, you do look like that type." She love teasing you.

"what type?"

"The 'good girl' type."

You frown, "so you're like a big bad wolf?"

Lou takes in the cigarettes. "emm. No."

"so." You decides to return a favor. "a soft puppy." Lou cracks a smile and almost choke on her smoke.

"Just stick with the big bad wolf. Honey." She shake her head mentally and keeps smiling to your words.