𝖎. Fridays Uptown

one fridays uptown

🦇💋

       THIS IS A HERO'S STORY — maybe not the one Isabelle thought she'd be in the middle of, but whatever. It's been a year since Isabelle helped the Avengers fight Ultron, and since then, she's been a little... busy with the super side. Since Isabelle punched Ultron and shoved rocks down its throat, words gotten around that Moroi Morningstar lives among us, in the Upper East Side. First it was speculated to be New York, then some dick with an angel's blade broke into the Met, and then it was determined that Moroi's in the Upper East Side. Which is true... Just a little annoying that her enemies know her exact whereabouts now.

       The thing is, when Captain America said to her, all those months ago, "You did good, kid," she knows he didn't expect for her to stroll back into her neck of New York and spend nights fighting demons and angelic monsters alike. Like, she isn't even gonna bother, saying, he probably didn't expect, because she knows the truth, and that's the fact that he wouldn't expect any of this. Like, last week, Isabelle was fully kicking someone's butt on a Church's roof, and the authorities found the guy hanging from a gargoyle. Plus, someone managed to get a picture, so now there's an image circulating of Moroi fighting a demon on a Church roof. Wicked.

       Not much has changed though, besides from fighting baddies every few days. She's still got the usual stuff to deal with; now she's in high school the amount of homework's doubled, thanks to a string of different AP classes to help her get into an ivy league. Then there's everything that comes with the world she lives in — you've got the galas, the dinners, even the brunches... Everyone's trying to uphold this image of themselves, and for some reason, they always equate to weird events on Friday nights when you really wanna be at home, watching something like Heathers or maybe even the weird reboot, but instead, you've got to stand in some decorated hall near Central Park with the most forced smile known to man because for fuck's sakes it's been a long ass week and I want to go home.