𝖎𝖎. Best Friends for Never

two best friends for never

🦇💋

       THIS IS A HERO'S STORY but like, instead of propping open a window on the, uh, sixteenth floor, and jumping out, turning into a bat before anyone spots and screams, Isabelle's sneaking out of the country. Marie's under the impression that Isabelle's taken a flight to visit her big brother back at school — Elijah confirmed all of this, too — so things are going all right, so far. Marie knows Isabelle's going to JFK, because she would be going there anywhere. She knows Nate and Riley are tagging along, because they normally do. Everything to Marie is normal. Nothing to raise suspicion.

       They end up waiting around in the terminal for an extra couple of hours, because the flight to Boston they're meant to be on leaves at half-four, but Lagos is half-six. Which isn't that big of a deal, because they're in the fancy first class lounge, with the free muffins and the comfy chairs, it's just a little boring. They can't talk about why they're going to Lagos, in case the businessman near them overhears, and what would they do then? They can't spook someone if they know Moroi's literally a kid. They've got nothing.

       There is, however, an O.P.I stand in the duty free, which means Isabelle's now got a nail polish that matches her Moroi suit. Well, the Moroi suit's black, but still, this nail polish is black but in the light, it has this pretty red shimmer to it. Isabelle needs to figure out if she can use the old witch's spell to incorporate a nail polish change, every time she becomes Moroi... Hmm...

       Here's the deal, with Moroi's gear: there's this old spell Isabelle found, the one time she had the balls to go into a witchcraft shop. (She was in there for three minutes, enough to find the book and go, Oooh OK, before the upside-down cross started to move and Isabelle became convinced that her birth father was going to show up, so she booked it... Anyway.) It's an old Romanian one, apparently, where if you create a circle with this specific ingredients, you can conjure up the outfit. Apparently armies from centuries ago, the ones that would say "thee," used to use the spell so, in a snap of their fingers they'll have extra weapons on them. Apparently Vlad the Impaler used them... To have, like, extra stuff... to impale people with.