𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. Where The Vile Things Are

eight where the vile things are

🦇💋

       THIS IS A HERO'S STORY, or at least she supposes it is, when she returns from hell ten minutes later, and finds herself sitting in Central Park again. She only missed that one night, thankfully, and she prays this demonic energy of hers is enough to get her through the school day. She books it back to her apartment, where Marie is waiting for her, and Izzy quickly explains the situation. Then she texts Peter and does the same. Then, she gets ready for school; she showers, she does her hair, she puts on some makeup, and she gets changed into her uniform. Catholic school chic. Serena van der Woodson would make this hot. Maybe Izzy has... Anyways.

       Elijah's back in town, she finds out, when she walks into the kitchen and he's there, getting their chef to cook him breakfast. Isabelle frowns at him when he looks up — she loves her brother, sure, but why is he back? Shouldn't he be, like, at college? When does Harvard even go back? It must be now, right? Why is he here?

       "Dropped out?" says Izzy, sitting next to him. Cerberus appears, out of nowhere, and sits on the barstool next to her. Thankfully the chef doesn't notice.

       Her brother rolls his eyes. "No," he says. "Dad said I had to come back."

       "Ah." Isabelle frowns. "That still makes, like, no sense."

       "He's doing some campaign stuff around the city, and wanted me to be around," he explains to her. She looks across at him, and notices the stubble on his face. By Christmas he'll have a beard. Gross. "And you have just gotten back from hell, so."

       The chef raises an eyebrow. Elijah smiles. "I mean rehab."

       "Uh—!"

       "Charlotte's in town, too," says Elijah, a little less confidently, as if that makes any more sense. Like Elijah would make plans to see friends. (She means this lovingly.) "Well, what? I haven't seen her since we graduated."