𝖎𝖛. Grim Grinning Ghosts

four grim grinning ghosts

(to berlin, and beyond!)

🦇💋

       THIS IS A HERO'S STORY, only it's sort-of in the ad-break, as Isabelle's sprawled across her bed, her head hanging off the side of the mattress. Cerberus — who gave Marie a fucking fright — is resting his heads on her chest, sleeping, whereas Nate sits at her dressing table. Well. It's meant to be a desk, but she doesn't use it for that. Homework's for the drive to school, Isabelle thinks — but, anyway, Cerberus properly freaked Nate out, so now he's sitting a good distance away, just in case Cerberus, like, sends him to hell. (She doesn't really know, but, then again, most people would freak out if they saw a three-headed dog.)

       The issue is this — Isabelle doesn't know what to do about the house. She can't just leave it, can she? She'd feel way too guilty, knowing that for some reason, there's a house on the edge of Central Park, where every second of the day people are being murdered, over and over and over and over...

       So she feels bad. And responsible for sorting it out.

       "I bet you could, like, banish them, or something," says Nate, who's now playing with one of the scrunchies on Isabelle's desk. He's got the pink leopard print one, which looks absolutely fabulous next to his white hoodie, with the Yale logo stitched into the centre. Riley's at home, because of two reasons: (a) Riley cares about school, and (b) she hates ghosts. Which is fair enough... Isabelle got excited when she saw a three-headed dog...

       "I bet you could get a phone call straight to the Pope, right?" says Nate. "Just say you're the devil's kid and they'll put you through."

       Isabelle rolls her eyes. "I bet if we were ever in the same room, I'd combust on the spot, or something," she says.

       "I don't think so?" says Nate, raising an eyebrow.