𝖎𝖎𝖎. The Devil Wears Prada

three the devil wears prada

(or, from mondays to fridays, a school uniform)

🦇💋

       THIS IS A HERO'S STORY but like, it's a Monday morning, which means that Isabelle's got to put the superhero bullshit on the back-burn until four o'clock. She gets dropped off at her school by Marie, who wears her best PTA-mom outfit, sprinkled in with a hint of I am a princess, leave me alone. Black cigarette trousers with a cream sweater. Audrey Hepburn to the max. But, Isabelle leaves Marie sitting in one of their cars, as she slides her sunglasses from the top of her head to over her eyes, before she drives into the Manhattan traffic. Isabelle's got an earphone in, the other dangling below, brushing against her blazer, as she walks into school. The Veronicas make everything so much better.

       Isabelle has mixed feelings about her school uniform. And, by this, she means that she's grateful that, because of this plaid disaster she doesn't have to spend extra time in the morning picking out an outfit, but then, there's the most tragic issue of all — it's a plaid disaster. She isn't even joking. Apparently the uniform changed the same year that Isabelle started, and Isabelle likes to think that this tragedy of an outfit was the angels' first attempt at royally screwing with her.

       She isn't even exaggerating. No one could make a blue plaid pleated skirt look good... Especially when the only way for it to look decent is to hike it up a couple of inches, which then means you've got to avoid certain teachers. Then there's the matching white shirt and the navy-blue blazer, to match the bulk of the plaid's blue. The thing is, Isabelle isn't exactly scared by getting into trouble, or anything. It's not that she wants to cause trouble, it's just that she thinks the rules are stupid. Her dad's in the fucking Senate, and her birth dad's the fucking devil, you try and control her.

       Her English Lit teacher, Miss Geist, walks out of her classroom, her brows furrowing at Isabelle. She's got Isabelle for homeroom, too, and from the look across her face, Isabelle suspects that Principal Philemon (known to the students as Phil) has gotten some email from her dad, about gosh knows what. Normally that's the case. So, when she's told to go to the principal's office, she doesn't pay much attention to the concern across Miss Geist's face, nor does she bother taking out her earphones. Popular by The Veronicas is a wicked song, she isn't gonna stop listening because her dad's emailed the school again.