Chapter Four: Hart Bound, Tulsa City Slicker.

April 7, 1966   1:17am

-

-

-

-all hell broke out when Kristi got steaming angry and inpatient with the two.-

-

-

-

Kristi.

"Jeez man what the hell were you girls thinking, making me wait here forever!" Oh lord how I was pissed. I have made a schedule for us, that we were supposed to follow. And the schedule called for us to leave at 12:00 am. It is currently 1:19 am and I am very punctual with my timing. "Aye sis how bout you calm the hell down for once and forget your damn schedule, we ain't perfect." Angela said to me, but I really suggest that she'd keep her trap all the way shut. I am in no condition to, you know, be 'fucked' with.

Well.... In a way, I guess I was acting way out of hand. I could get a little dramatic with my demeanor.

I finally said, "shit I'm sorry but we really have to be going now, I know the landlord won't be too happy when I miss the appointment I have with him earlier on." Damn I just remembered I DO have an appointment with him in a few hours! Now for sure it was hurry time! "Girls just stay here or go to the restroom hurry! And I'll go get Samantha and Crystal!" "Smh you don't tell us what to do, right BB." Angela looked at Blanca and was sure that she would back her up. But I didn't have time to go see if she did or not. I had to get the rest my sisters! I ran up the ivory stairway up to my sisters room. We each had a different room. I had ran past my room only stopped for a second, to remember the good times for when I was little. But I then kept on running, eventually I got to Crystals room. She was there on her bed talking on the phone with God knows who at this time of night. Oh man, I hope she isn't doing what I THINK SHES DOING. "Goddamnit Crissy who the hell could that be?" Crystal looked surprised and I was furious with her. "Kristi just calm down its just Natalie calling me long distance." Natalie? I thought. Wow, she used to be my best friend growing up. I haven't talked to her in the longest while. I wonder what had happened to her. "Whoa, whoa, whoa... You just say Natalie? Your talking to Nat, how?" "Duh by phone dummy!" I hated when shed get wise on me. "Um excuse me, but you don't have to be a smart ass with me, young lady." Damn how I sounded direct and strict. Oh Lord! I'm turning into my mother! I mean what sixteen year old says, 'young lady' to another sixteen year old. Wow. She said bye and hung up the phone. 

"I wasn't being smart with you, Mother!!!" Oh hell no she didn't just call me that word, I thought. "That's it your not going any more, that's final!" "Wow you can be so mean Kristi." Crystal looked like she was about to well up. I said my apologies and for her to just meet the others down stairs.

I went to see about my other sister Samantha. The halls we had were very long and were very easy to get lost in. When I had gotten to her room, I could tell she was in the bathroom but I couldn't make out she was doing. Knowing her, man... Knowing her. She would pull something stupid, I know that for sure....

I walked in her room and she had a bathroom inside hers. I went inside to find her hand holding a pill jar......

I instantly made my move to remove the meds away from her grip. But she made it harder because she was not cooperating with me. "What the hell did I tell you about doing this, Sam!" She doesn't like to listen to me because she thinks I'm going to do something bad to her. "Can't you see Kristi? I ain't happy. And I'll never be!" "Don't you even dare say that!" "Why, Kris, when its true!"

I knew that it was true. She has been depressed for some time now. I felt sorry for her. I don't know why the hell shes doing this to herself. She needed someone to love her, for who she is. She needed love.

"C'mon Sam we really have to be heading out now because I have to see that landlord at 11:45 this morning. So please c'mon it'll be just fine." She eventually swallowed her pride and followed me back to the others. Crystal gave me a piece of paper. "Hey Kris are these the papers to the house?" "Oh yea! I need these!" I said while taking the papers from her hands.

As I turned the knob of the door. My life flashed before my eyes. Man, I couldn't believe this. Were finally leaving. I remembered I had said bye to my parents, they wished me well. But yet I felt kinda upset were all leaving the nest.

I looked back to see the girls behind me. Each of their faces told a story... A story which will soon be told. I loved each in every one of them especially Blanca. She's like my own sister, that's the way I see her.

"Are y'all ready for this?" I said. The girls all nodded in response. We had then walked out of the house and into my red 66' Caprice. The car I have usually has two seaters, but my dad had it modified to fit at least five people. I turned on the car. The roar of the engine gave me a scence of mind, a feeling of freedom.

We were all ready for this...

-

-

-

Blanca.

Well this is it, I thought. Time to get a move on...

I sat in the back by the drivers side. Angela was propped in the middle while Crystal was on the other side. Samantha was on the passenger seat and Kristi was driving. I noticed that Samantha was acting kinda funny. But you know that's her... The car had suddenly moved... I'm so ready for this.

-

-

-

-the girls were finally on the road and were also booking it to Tulsa. They couldn't take rest stops because Krisi still had to meet up with the landlord.-