Look here for a moment

CHAPTER 3

A lame ass party where everything sucks and your life couldn't get more sucking? Please! I'm in such a better place right now!

"Heard someone ordered human a la Jonah?" Jonah came in the house shaking off his party hat or what I'd like to term as rainy day hat. "I'm here guys!" he hollered. There was no one in the house. What did he think?

I walked out of my room to see him standing there waiting for someone to give him those bro hug thingies. He looked around him and had a shocked expression on his face at not finding anyone there for him on the spot!

"Everyone's at the party, Jonah." I said from the hallway from where I could see him.

He turned abruptly and broke out into a grin. "Juli, I so knew we were the ones for each other!" he said walking over to me and pulling at my braided hair. What? I know it's a party, but the sea air makes my hair go all fuzzy!

"You joke!" I said and pulled him out of the house with me. "I was actually stalling to go out there, but now that you're here," I turned and winked at him. "I can have a hand to squeeze the life out of when Ed goes all Romeo on Dori."

Jonah squealed. "Yay! That sounds like total fun, Juli! Why don't I just bring my helmet and boxing gloves too in case you want to have it taken all out right there and then?"

I stopped and whirled around. "You'll do that?!" I asked, hope shining in my eyes.

Jonah's fake smile wore off and he looked at me bored. "Nope. It's a party, Juli! A party! You can get drunk!"

"Oh," I said pulling my hands back. "Another good point."

"Don't worry; I'll get drunk with you."

"You'll do that?"

"Yupp. Anything for you."

We walked down the beach to the place where the party was being held. Everyone was being totally mad about it. Drunken teenagers, horny couples, blasting songs, go go what else we got?

Jonah pulled me along with him and somehow his stupid hat hadn't fallen off yet. See? Wonders actually happened!

"I have to find Dori. Do you see her anywhere?" I asked Jonah looking around for her. If she gets a wind of everything happening, then I'm officially dead.

"She's over by the kegs." Jonah looked down at me. "Crying."

I fisted my hands. "Well, someone's not going home with a perfect face, now are they?"

Jonah nodded. "They aren't." he agreed.

Midori looked up at us when we came and immediately threw her arms around me. I looked at Jonah for help 'cause I didn't know how to handle weepy people. Jonah asked me to wait and let her say it on her own.

But I never listen.

"Dori, honey, what happened?" I asked in as soft a voice as I could manage.

She cried harder and I had to keep her still in my arms. She finally quieted down and by then Jonah and I had gulped down a bottle of beer each. We still weren't drunk yet.

Midori cleaned her face and was about to talk to us when the word 'fight' started going around. Jonah went to see what it was, but Midori asked me to go instead.

"Why? You can talk to me and Jonah can push his way in and out of the circle."

"And you can't?" she asked.

I scoffed. That's my girl! "I can too, but I thought maybe you needed a girl with you."

"I'm fine with Jonah. You should go and check it. You'll know what I'd been crying about then."