Why am I still not feeling special? Hm?

CHAPTER 4

"Daniel loves Juli!" Alsea sang around me. I leaned against my locker and closed my eyes. "Daniel won't let her go!" Count to ten and then recount it. John loves Alsea and wouldn't want me to do anything to her. "Daniel is the one!"

I pushed myself away from the locker and started walking away. Alsea and Kate snickered behind me. No, I didn't have any problem with Kate. She was just there last summer and I can't help but think that she was involved too. Neither Kate nor Mark knows that I know about her being there with him.

"Alright, we'll stop!" Alsea said behind me. I flipped them the finger and went to my next class.

John was surprised when I took up biology. Well, I was surprised myself, but I wanted to be in a class where no one I knew was. So, I took up biology and guess what? It's awesome. I like it here.

Well, that don't mean it's filled with nerds, which could've been a blessing, really. There were jocks and cheerleaders and all other crap.

When I entered the class, everyone's heads snapped to me as if it was some horror film. I kept walking to my seat and settled down with an audible thump. The class passed without any major horror viewing and I was alive and well till the end of the class.

Next I went to my Spanish class and sat at the total back of it. I could never learn Spanish. It was as if I had a personal grudge with it, which I didn't, and I so wanted to learn it.

"Danny said that?! Oh, no!" someone beside me whispered. "She's one hell of a sl*t! I bet she's already spread her legs for him!"

I tuned them out and focused on what the teacher was saying. I could make out a few words, but not much.

"But he likes the way she punches!"

"That's what got her to him? Pathetic!"

I turned to the two gossiping girls and glared as well as I could. They shut up immediately and I turned back to the teacher.

The rest of the day went about shushing the gossipmongers. Who the hell was Danny and who was he crushing on? Now, even I wanted to know.

I asked Midori during lunch. "Who's Danny?"

She looked up from her phone. "Daniel, the guy who has a crush on you!"

I dropped the fries I was holding. "What?!" I hissed.

"Oh, didn't you hear the rumours around?"

"I did, that's why I asked! I didn't know they were talking about me and him!"

She chuckled. "Well, now you definitely do, I guess!"

I groaned. All those scandalous and accusatory glares were because of this.

"This is ridiculous! I have to leave again in a couple of days and this strenuous environment isn't helping, really!"

Midori kept her phone aside. "I think you should focus on what you're doing now. Things will take their own course."

"I know." I said and let the day pass on.

The next day I was taking my books out of the locker when John came and stood by me as if expecting a bomb to fall on me from somewhere.

"What are you doing, John?"

"Waiting for Daniel."

"And?"

He sighed. "Fine! You'll be the one to punch him!"

I smiled and walked to our class. We shared the first class of calculus together. John hated calculus, but he joined it anyway. No, not because of me. Alsea was in it too.