I see war in your eyes

CHAPTER 6

Everytime I wake up, Mark is never beside me. Either he has a problem with me or he's an early bird. I really want to go with the latter, but the former one makes more sense than the mythological theories of Bermuda triangle.

I climbed out of my bed and walked straight to the bookshelf. I had a lot of books. I read, I understood and then I kept the book back in its place in the shelf. I have never read a book twice. I only highlight the lines that seem important to me and then go through any one of them every morning in whichever book I pick keeping my eyes closed.

Today, my hand picked The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery. I greedily cracked the book open because I loved this book. It has kept me sane through a lot of difficulties.

...make sure that I shall not forget him. To forget a friend is sad. Not every one has had a friend. And if I forget him...

The only person who passed my mind was Kate. But she won't even talk to me about the events. I needed to find a way to get to my mother. There was something she was hiding that led to her death. John, I suspect, knew about this. What a pity that I can't even trust my own brother!

Friend. Mark was a friend. Did I forget that?

The city library was a fair distance from school, but very far away from where I lived. I called Sean and asked him if he wanted to come to the library. He agreed and promised to come pick me up in fifteen minutes.

I didn't have any leads on finding anything about my mother. John and the others didn't even know that I was doing this. School assignment seemed like a perfect thing to do while I wasn't being the 'stressed juli' for once.

"Hey!" I said when I saw Sean. "You are on time! Sean is never late!"

He hooked his fingers through the belt loops on my jeans and pulled me near him. "Couldn't if I wanted to." He said and kissed me. I dropped my books and pulled him by his neck.

"Stop that right now!" we jumped away at the sound of my brother's angry voice. "Stay away from her!" he said looking at Sean.

Sean, I saw defeated, was trying not to laugh by biting his lower lip. I looked back at John and sure enough he was not happy.

"John, this is Sean, my boyfriend." John looked at me, huffed and then turned back to go inside.

"You know what Sean?" I looked back at Sean who was amused by everything. "Every friend that we'll meet, just my friends, you'll have to have the same positive attitude. 'Cause they'll love you so so so much!" I gushed.

He laughed and pulled at my ponytail. "Get in the car. I guess your previous boyfriends weren't charming enough for your friends to love them so so so much!"

I laughed with him. "Yeah well, weird world."

"I'm not weird! You're weird!"

"Am I now?" I asked turning towards him.

He just shrugged and kissed me once more before we got in the car. We bantered like adults who had specific points about totally irrational subjects the whole ride to the library.

The moments where we were quiet, I thought about the repulsive feeling in my stomach that I felt last night. I like Sean. Why did it feel wrong when Mark was there beside me? I'm anything, but irrational. Getting involved with Mark, I knew, would be a mistake. He was my friend and he knew me better after John and Jonah. Were those reasons enough to have him with me? What did I miss between us? There's got to be something that didn't add up, but was present that brought us close even when it was just not the right thing to do.