Chapter 2

Twelve years later...

One fine day Cinderella saw Elizabeth and Helena who were getting ready for a ball. Indeed, the handsome Prince Harry was looking for a fiancée. Cinderella did her cousin's hair, they were aglow. She mournfully thought that she would have gone with them but she was dressed in rags and didn't have shoes so she went in the garden and burst into tears. Suddenly, she saw a burst of light and a fairy appeared.

"-Why are you crying?" she asked the sad girl.

But Cinderella could not hear what the fairy had said. The fairy heard Elizabeth and Helena who were talking about the ball and she understood what was going on. With the wave of a magic wand she turned Cinderella into a gorgeous young woman. Even if she was tall, nobody could recognize her. Her long wavy hair was neat ad she was wearing a tiara. She did not have make-up and she did not need it due to her smile and her eyes which were lighting up her face. Her hands were not dirty anymore and her nails were filed. She was wearing a yellow dress and ballet flats instead of high heels so that she would not be taller than her dance partner.

The fairy took out one walnut, two ants and three locusts which were hidden in her hat. She used her magic wand again and turned the walnut into a carriage, the aunts became horses and the locusts were now a coach driver and two servants. Cinderella thanked the fairy in a hug.

Due to Cinderella's deafness, the fairy explained to the coach driver that the young woman had to leave the ball before midnight, time when the magic would draw to a close. The man promised to pick up Cinderella in time.

Cinderella, who was not used to getting in a carriage, did not bend over and she hit her head; then she quietly sat down. The night was falling and she looked at the landscapes she had only seen from the highest tower of the manor.