Chapter 5/The End

As soon as Louis opened the door, the time seemed to stop. He had never met the prince before. Harry and Louis couldn't stop having their eyes riveted on each other and a blissful smile on their faces. They felt butterflies in their stomachs and their hearts beat faster. "Is it like this, love at first sight?" thought Louis who felt like a character of a mushy novel. Abruptly Harry snapped out of it and cleared his throat. All the magic disappeared immediately. Both of them became ill-at-ease and they looked at the floor.

"-Hum... Good morning Sir, a certain girl called Cinderella lost one of her ballet flats yesterday. Would you please give it back to her? asked Harry.

-Yes of course. Thank you very much my..."

Louis did not have time to finish his sentence, the prince had already left. Harry was relieved to leave the manor, it was the first time that he felt something like that and he found it scary. It as also the first time someone looked at him this way. Unfortunately, the idea of falling in love with a man did not even cross his mind.

In the manor Louis was crying one more time, the way Harry turned back broke his heart. He hummed "This is the way you left me, I'm not pretending, no hope, no love, no glory, no happy ending...".