Chapter Forty-One: The Golden Scaled King

A hammering pound on Emoriah's door sent an electrifying jolt to her heart, as she tumbled gracelessly from her bed in a tangled heap.

"Oi! Who is it?" Emoriah croaked, as she rubbed her sore derriere.

"It's Kiera, your highness." A familiar chirpy voice announced, from behind the wooden door.

Emoriah pulled her lanky legs out from the twisted soft clutches of her sheets, before standing up on her own two wobbling feet. Glancing around she noticed the darkness that still prowled outside, as it sent quivering shadows around her candle-lit chamber.

Blimey!! What time was it?

"My I enter, Miss?" The bubbly voice asked.

Emoriah ran her fingertips through the snarly knots of her silky tendrils, before fixing the distorted smooth fabric of her nightgown. "Yes."

The wooden door creaked softly as it opened, before a petite figure rushed in with a flurry of excitement.

"Oh Miss! I have such thrilling news!" Kiera chirped, as she scurried and snatched things around the room.

"Sounds lovely. But did you really have to wake me at such an hour?" Emoriah's yawned out, as her eyes tiredly followed the brunette elf around her chambers.

Kiera stopped her eager pace, before blinding Emoriah's eyes with her gleaming smile. "Indeed, your highness. This occasion surely will be the talk of the year. Now which color do you prefer? A deep bellowing blue....or perhaps a scarlet red to match that fiery hair of yours."

Emoriah felt confusion toil in her chest, as the elf held bright fabrics of silky lace within her tiny arms.

"What occasion?"

"Why the ball, your highness. Surely you were informed, Miss?" Kiera asked, with a bewildered gleam in her blue eyes.

Blast!!

"Ah, that ball."

Another ecstatic smile shone on the elf's face, as she scurried to grab something from the massive wardrobe. "Though we have only a day to finish preparations, it will surely be the most memorable ball in Ari."

Emoriah felt tension tighten within her arms, as her mind slowly deciphered the elf's words. "The ball...is tomorrow?!!"

"Indeed, your highness!!" The chipper Elf said with a giggle, as she clapped her little hands together. "Now, off with your clothes, Miss."

Crikey, was this woman demanding.

Emoriah eyed the detestable article of clothing clutched within Kiera's fingers, as the elf again pulled at the silky fabric of her nightgown. "We don't have all day, your highness!"

Emoriah clutched her nightgown tightly against her body, as an irritated scowl began to grow on her lips. "I will not be trying on that bloody corset!"

"But your highness, all ladies of the court must wear a corset!" Keira shrilled.

Emoriah scoffed, before crossing her lanky arms against her chest. "Well I certainly will not!"

"No, you certainly will, Miss. How else will your bosoms be contained?" The little elf sternly asked.

Bosoms her arse!!

Before Emoriah could open her mouth Kiera's tiny frame snatched her collar and yanked the creamy nightgown of her body.

"Bloody hell, elf! What is wrong wi..."

"You were right, Miss. You certainly won't be needing this corset." Kiera's high-pitched tone voiced out, instantly interrupting Emoriah. "For your bosoms aren't even there."