Spiders

(Y/n)'s POV

  "I'm actually terrified of spiders." Tom said, and I giggled.
  "You are?" I asked. He nodded, scooted back against the wall as he saw the handler bring the cage in.
  "Oh shit." He said under his breath. I laughed again, holding his hand for a second.
  "You'll be fine. It won't hurt you." I said. The handler got it out, and Tom pressed himself to the wall.
  "This is Rosebud. She's probably the kindest of the tarantulas we have. Here." The handler told us, setting her down on the table. I went up to her, splaying out my hand for her to see.
  "Is it okay if she's held?" I asked.
  "Oh yeah, totally! Just be gentle." He said. Rosebud crawled up on my hand, and Tom just stayed still as a statue.
  "How are you doing that?!" He asked, fear in his eyes as he looked at Rosebud.
  "I'm not scared of them. Come here." I said, waving my hand. He shook his head, and I grabbed his hand.
  "You'll be fine, I promise. She's friendly." I said. He hesitantly walked closer, his hands shook. I held Rosebud up slightly for him to see, keeping her at a distance.
  "See, not so bad. Want to hold her?" I asked.
  "S-sure." He said. I used my free hand to guide his to the table, resting my fingers on his. Slowly, Rosebud crawled to his still shaking hand, and once more he froze. I giggled slightly, watching the spider investigating him. A few moments later he gestured for me to get her off, and I gently placed her on my hand again. Tom sighed loudly, laughing softly.
  "My hero.... I don't know how you do it." He said, resting on his knees.
  "I don't know. Um, ma'am... That's really not the place to be." I said, Rosebud had crawled up my arm, and was now just sitting on top of my head. I giggled, letting the handler take her away.
  "Well, how was that?" One of the crew members asked in the back.
  "Fun. And a new experience for Tom." I said.
  "One that I will never do again." He said. He hugged me, and I could still feel his muscles shaking.
  "Oh look, I have a spider on me again." I commented, hugging him back. We all laughed, and I smiled.
  "Alright, you own me woman." Tom said as he backed up a bit. We said bye, going to the car.
  "And where do I have the pleasure of taking you?" I asked.
  "Your place. I need movies and a massage from that stress." He said. I laughed, reaching over to hold his hand as I got on the highway.
  "You did great. I'm so proud of you." I said. He smiled, kissing my cheek.
  "Thanks darling."