Chapter 1

Laura just got home from her work trip , she was planning to surprise her husband at their house. She wasn't planning to be back today, but since she worked really hard, her boss let her leave early than predicted .so Here she was standing on her doorway ready to surprise her husband, she already has the key for her house. 

she opened the door and the first thing that caught her eyes was 2 glasses of red wine on the living room, she thought that maybe someone was visiting them, but as she was about to call her husband she heard a girly giggle, Laura was frozen on her spot. she taught that her mind was playing tricks with her, she started heading with wobbling legs towards where she heard the noise. The sound came from her bedroom, the door was slightly ajar, and she noticed clothes scattered on the floor. 

As she pushed the door she couldn't help the gasp that came out of her mouth , tears were already trickling down her face, she couldn't fathom how her husband could do this to her, how could he cheat on her with her best friend? , she was loyal to him, and did everything he asked .Sometimes she felt like she was his maid, always fulfilling his needs but her love for him blinded her, she was too focused on her love to him that she didn't notice his late night calls or his delay in coming home. After hearing her gasp, her husband stopped kissing her best friend and turned to see his wife standing on the door with a look of horrification, his face was drained of colors he himself couldn't understand what he was doing. He loved his wife, she was everything he wanted, she was such a caring wife, always looking for him but he couldn't help himself to cheat on her, he liked the thought of having sex with other women that were more daring when it comes to bed, and he couldn't resist his need for sex when her best friend came to his home wearing practically nothing but a flimsy dress, she tried to seduce him and she succeeded , he started thinking if he only refused to let her in, all this mess would have been avoided. But now it was too late to think about this, what is done is done .his wife caught him and he was sure that nothing is going to be back as it was. 

Her best friend Mandy was happy on seeing Laura's broken face, she always hated her, hated that she was a born in rich family, that she studied in the most prestigious universities, when she saw her husband the first time she promptly thought that she will seduce him to destroy her. For her Laura didn't deserve a happy life, and she did all she could to tear her life and she did. Seeing that her job was done she started picking up her clothes and dashed out of the room. Laura was staring at her husband but he couldn't' dare to look at her

"Why... why did you do this?" she asked in small voice.

He couldn't answer her, even himself doesn't know why he did it.

"Please answer me, was I not enough or you?" she broke down into another fit of tears. At hearing her sobs, he strode towards her and held her elbow, she hurriedly scurried away from him and snarled.

'Don't you dare touch me with you filthy hands, I can't even look at you without having the urge to punch you. I've been nothing but loyal to you and all I got in return is you sleeping with what I thought was my best friend"

"I'm sorry Laura, I'm really sorry, it was the first time she came here today and tried to seduce me I didn't know what came over me, but I assure you that it was the first time that happened, please forgive me I love you so much, please let's take a week and travel, we can forget about this please" he didn't dare to admit to her that was cheating on her with several women

At hearing his last word she started laughing it was a humorless laugh, she thought about the day she presented him to her parents, how they welcomed him with happiness , they were happy that their daughter founded a nice man that suited their daughter, how they are going to be disappointed when they will know about his betrayal.

"I want divorce" that was all what she could say, at hearing this nick started shaking his head

"NO" he screamed she recoiled at hearing his outburst, nick was never a man to lose control over himself but it seems that she didn't really know her husband "NO..NO I won't divorce you, I love you, don't you understand I love you it was just a moment of weakness" he was grasping her shoulders so tightly that she was sure it will leave a mark

"Let me go"

"Please Laura give me one chance I won't mess up again». Not able to remain listening to her soon to be ex-husband she strode towards her closet and started packing her clothes .Her tears won't stop flowing down her face ,nick's too. He truly regretted what he did, his father cheated on his mother too, he hated seeing his mother crying all night, and seeing Laura in the same state made him hate himself, he was like his father he thought

"The least thing that you can do to me after our three years of marriage is to divorce me. That's what I'm asking you, and if you won't, I will file a divorce paper and you know that I will win" not having anything to say , nick sat on the bed and held his head with his hands, he will give anything to turn back the clock. But it was late, too late

"I love you, I will always love you" that was all what he could mutter after hearing the door's apartment close.

Laura started heading towards her car, throwed her suitcase on the backseat, started the ignition, and drove towards an hotel, she wasn't in the mood to see her parent's pity , today what supposed to be a good day she thought, how in a matter of seconds all her life came crashing down. Wiping her face from the tears she arrived to the hotel picked a room and staggered on trembling legs towards it. She took a shower ,the water mixed with her tears, wore her pajamas and as she put her head on the pillow and she was fast asleep due to the amount of tears that she shed.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter. If you have any remarks or questions, please feel free to share them.