Chapter 31

A.N: I dedicate this chapter to my my sister salmabelkadi thank you for believing in me and for motivating me to write. I love you sis.

"Good morning" Laura said when she spotted Colton sitting on the sofa strolling on his phone, a cup of coffee in his other hand. It's been a month since her father's death, and Colton never left her side. She was grateful for him; he slept next to her every night, holding her tightly against him. He informed her that he started therapy which surprised her. One night while they were in a deep conversation about it, Colton slipped up and asked her to start couple therapy, but upon seeing her doubtful expression he dropped it. They still didn't talk about their relationship and how they would take it from there. Laura felt happy and safe when she was with him, but she was reticent to make it official. She was still scared that Colton would never trust her.

Colton looked up and smiled gently at her "Good morning, coffee?" he stood up and headed towards the kitchen, not waiting for her reply. He knew that she always needed coffee in the morning.

"Yes please" She said while smiling.

"How did you sleep last night? " He asked from the kitchen.

"Good, better than yesterday" She replied

"did you had a nightmare?" she shook her head, when she realized that he couldn't see her she replied "no I didn't " she smiled when he appeared from the kitchen holding a cup of coffee in his head . He handed it to her and she sighed of content when the smell of coffee filled her nostrils.

"Thank you" she said after taking a sip. She smiled when she tasted the coffee. It tasted exactly as she was the on who made it.

"You're welcome"

"Thank you for staying beside me, for caring about me, I know that you don't have to be here, but still you stayed-"He put his finger over her lips and smiled gently at her.

"No need to thank me. I will be forever with you" She raised her brow at him "I mean.. I mean if you want.. Let's not talk about this for now" he stammered, not looking at her eyes.

"Okay" she said as she took another sip of her coffee.

"I wanted to tell you something" he looked nervously at her as he started to fidget. She hummed "go on"

"Britney called me yesterday, she wanted to see you" he waited for the words to sink in" I told her that you wouldn't want to see her--"

"I will see her" she cut him

"What? Are you sure?" he asked surprised

"Yes, apparently she has something to say to me, when can I see her?."

"Today if you want" He answered

"That fast, how?" she raised her brow. She knew that it was hard to visit a prisoner when you weren't a part of his family.

"I have my ways" He said as he winked at her. Laura just rolled her eyes at him

"Can you arrange it to visit her the morning? I'm going to meet my grandparents this afternoon" she said.

"Oh? Your father's grandparents or...?"

"My father's" she interrupted him " I'm not ready to face my mother's grandparents. They took me away from my mother, they faked my death" she said through gritted teeth. She hated them for what they did to her mother, for what they did to her.