Chapter 6

"Okay?" Colton couldn't believe what he heard. She is finally giving him a chance. His face broke into a smile upon her agreement and kissed her on her head.

"Thank you". he knew how to make a woman feel special with his adoringly gaze and his sweet smile. She thought. "I will leave you to work now, let's have dinner together. I can come by your house at 8 pm if you want" he said with a smile. She couldn't refuse, so she nodded again not able to talk. She was shocked that he asked for her approval to go on a date with him. Her ex-husband never asked her permission, he always did what he thought was best for him, and didn't care about her opinion.

With a final kiss on her head, they walked out of the furniture store. As soon as laura arrived to her office, she reached for her phone and filled her best-friend Cassie with all what happened. Cassie was happy for Laura .she witnessed how hard her husband's betrayal damaged her, and she hoped that Colton will be a good man and treat her as she deserves. Cassie promised Laura that she will call her on Skype so she can help getting ready for her date.

Later on the day, Laura entered her house and headed straight towards her bath she took a long shower taking her time to shave her legs, and lathered some vanilla body cream on her skin to smell good. She stepped outside of the bath and wore her robe. Laura called Cassie on Skype and she immediately answered. For about thirty minutes she changed from one outfit to another.

"Didn't he tell you where he's taking you? At least we can know if you can wear a dress?" Cassie groaned.

"No he didn't, I should've asked him" she laid on her bed too tired of the constant change of outfits.

"Well next time ask him" Laura smiled at the thought of having another date with Colton.

Laura froze on her spot and started having second thoughts. What if he just wants to have fun?, what if he was not taking me seriously?. She was not ready for another heartbreak. A part of her mind told her to put an end to this, to not the risk of falling for him.

"What's wrong? Did I say something wrong?" Cassie inquired when she noticed her best friend frozen on her track.

I'm having second thoughts about this? What f he just playing me? What if he ends up as nick? I can't deal with this again

"Stop there, I saw the man, he's not like him, I saw how he was looking at you. He likes you it's was written all over his face.

"But did you see him? He's so good looking. OH MY GOD, it's happening again. I'm doubting myself again" Laura sighed

"Laura" Cassie said softly "take a deep breath, why don't you go on this date with him and see. If he's not serious about you, it will show okay"

Laura closed her eyes and started taking deep breaths. What worse can happen, she thought. I'm going to give my heart a chance. Maybe he's not like him. She thought

After a couple of minutes, they settled on an outfit. It was a black classy dress that reached her knees. she paired it with some red high heels and a red clutch bag. Her makeup was simple. She wasn't used to put a lot of it, just some concealer on her dark circles, mascara, blush and a nude lip-gloss. She curled her hair and let it cascading down her back.

Feeling satisfied with her appearance, she thanked Laura, and as soon as she hung up, the doorbell rang. Taking deep breaths, she headed towards the front door and opened it. She was mesmerized by the sight of him. He looked more handsome than ever, her knees felt like they were going to give up. She gave him a slight smile. She didn't know if he was going to shake her hand or kiss her on the lips, she wished for the later though, but it didn't happen, he just kissed her cheek.

"You look stunning sweetheart" he whispered next to her ear, and she shivered in delight.

"You don't look bad yourself" she squealed, and blushed at the sound. He smirked noticing her excitement and held her hand.

"Let's go?" he asked her. She nodded her head and they left the apartment.

It took them nearly thirty minutes to arrive to their destination. He parked in front of a fancy restaurant. He asked her to stay seated before going out of the car. He rounded it and opened the door for her all the time smiling, she returned his smile, and took his hand that was stretched in front of her. He handed the car key to the valet. Hand in hand they walked into the restaurant.

The restaurant was fancy, she thought. She was glad that she chose that outfit. they were led to a table next to the floor to ceiling window, the view was amazing, they could see all the city illuminated by the street lights, he slide her seat for her to sit on it, she thanked him and he took a seat himself. Colton was grinning from ear to ear, earlier when she opened her door. He was fascinated by her beauty. She wasn't wearing heavy makeup, so he was able to see the freckles that he loved. he resisted the urge to kiss her. He wanted to take it slow, it's not that he wasn't sure of his feeling but he was scared that by rushing things it will scare her.

"So do you like the restaurant" Colton asked her trying to start a conversation.

"Yes I didn't know where you were taking me .Fortunately I chose an appropriate outfit for this restaurant", she smiled when she remembered the thought of him taking her on another date

"Whatever you wear will look good on you, but next time I will let you know where I'm taking you" he smirked at her as if knowing what she was thinking about. She blushed and decided to play along

"And what made you think that I will agree on another date?" she tried to look serious but the smile on her face was betraying her look

"I'm sure that you will agree on going out with me on another date by the end of this one" his look was so intense, which made her quiver in her seat. he winked at her when he noticed her discomfort. She wasn't able to answer him since a waitress came to take their order. After ordering, Colton asked her if she had any siblings, she shook her head

"No I'm an only child" Laura murmured. She always wanted to have a sister so she can tell her secrets and sleep next to her, play dolls with her, or a brother who can prevent her from having shitty boyfriends, who 's going to have her back when she's in trouble, but her mother never accepted to have another child, she didn't know why. "It's good to have a sibling, isn't it?"

A smile stretched on Colton's face as if remembering his sister. "Hell no. if you have a sister as mine you won't say this" but Laura knew that he was just kidding, the smile on his face said so.

"Stop, when I saw you, you looked like you have a good relationship" Laura laughed.

"she tend to get on my nerves a lot, she's like mom" Colton chuckled.

"It seems that you have a good relationship with your family" Laura felt a bit envious of his relationship with his family, she always felt like an outsider when she was living with her family.

"I do, I really love my mother, she sacrificed a lot when my father died" Laura eyes grew wide.

"I'm sorry to bring this up" She put her hand on his. He gave her a small smile.

"It's okay Laura" and they changed the subject.

The dinner went well, Colton was so attentive, paying attention to whatever she said, he managed to make her laugh and by the end of her dessert, she was clutching her stomach by the intensity of his joke. She got to know him more closely what his childhood was like, what his ambitions. She learned that he started working when he was still a teenager to provide for his family, and that he started his company alone. She didn't believe that the Colton who was in front of her had struggled that much. She thought that he was born rich.

Laura thoroughly enjoyed her dinner. She thought about her marriage and decided that she couldn't tell him about her marriage yet .it was too soon, and part of her mind was telling her that he will think less about her, that she wasn't good enough, that she wasn't able to entertain her husband.