chapter 9

The day of the gala has arrived. Laura was wearing an off the shoulders red gown that reached her feet .it has a slight on the side so it showed her toned legs, she paired it with a black high heels and a necklace to bring attention to her neck area. Her makeup was simple leaving just the red lipstick to catch the attention. She looked at the mirror and was stunned with her appearance. She looked gorgeous, she felt a booze of confidence and she smiled. Hopefully Colton will like her appearance too.

The door bell sounded. Laura took a deep breath trying to calm her nerves. She walked slowly towards the door, and opened it. To say that the man who stood in front of her was dashingly handsome won't do him justice. She couldn't help herself as she checked him.

Colton was speechless at the sight of Laura, he always thought that she was beautiful, but when he saw her wearing that dress she looked dangerously sexy. His mouth opened and closed for several times not able to say a word .the perfect red lipstick that caught his eyes first when she opened the door made him feel a bit guilty about what he was planning to do next.

"I'm sorry I will ruin you lipstick" before she can utter a word, he reached for her neck and dipped his head so he could kiss her. His hands touched her everywhere. He backed her towards the apartment, and closed the door without breaking the kiss, he started kissing her exposed shoulders, and she closed her eyes at the feeling of his lips on her shoulders.

The ringing of her phone broke them apart, they were both breathing heavily. Her head was dizzy from the kiss. And Colton's eyes were clouded with desire.

"Your phone is ringing" Colton groaned. She headed towards her purse and retrieved her phone. It was Cassie.

"Yeah" she breathed trying to catch her breath.

"By the sound of you, the dress that I chose did the trick"

"What trick?" Laura asked .

"Did you do it? I mean I didn't go through all this trouble just so you guys don't have sex" Cassie chirped.

"Bye Cassie" Laura hissed, a blush taking over her face. If she didn't call, they would have done it she guessed.

She turned slowly towards Colton, and found him sitting on the sofa grinning , a bit of lipstick smudged on his lip, she giggled

"What?" he quirked an eyebrow

She took a tissue and started wiping his lip "there's some lipstick on your lips" she chuckled

He pecked her lips. She giggled

"Stop, we will be late for the event" she put her hand on his lips as he tried to kiss her one more time. She tried to glare at him but failed. He licked her hand on his lips.

"Eww Colton that's gross" she swapped her hand from his lips and glared at him. He chuckled

"You look gorgeous" he said with a smile stretched on his face. She blushed at his compliment

"Thank you .You cleaned up pretty well yourself "she said.

"Let's go" and they both got out of her apartment.

When they arrived to the destination, Laura was astounded, there was paparazzi at the entrance . The Place where the event was taking place looked like a mansion. She suddenly felt anxious about going out there, and started fidgeting her fingers. Colton noticing her discomfort and put his hand on hers and squeezed it.

"Don't worry. I'm here with you. I won't leave you alone" she attempted to smile but it looked forced. He got out of the car, and circled it so he can open her door. He stretched his hand for her to take it and slide her out of the car. He squeezed her hand one more time before starting walking towards the entrance.