Chapter 2

The next morning he woke up, he was not to go to school unless he got better from the magic that would only take a day to heal wounds. God always said it was for the sake of the people, but it really wasn't. His halo was dim with sadness.

Pip sighed lightly, getting up to ease his pain with the usual walk. He got dressed and sneaked out of the house at dawn, where the makeshift clouds weren't dark with 'night'. It was mellow, the cement-ish clouds underneath him making soft 'clop's every time he walked.

Our he went, when everyone was already in school or work, walking down to the pond where it was like Stark's Pond— but it was just named A/E, a stupid Bible reference from Adam and Eve; through the godly city where people walked also for other purposes unrelated to him; and finally to the park where he doesn't know the name to— which was conveniently right by the school and furthermore next to the other side.

Pip sat down on one the swings backwards, not bothering to swing on it, watching as the sinners there were torn apart by humanoid demons over and over again, crying and screaming in pain and agony that was heard faintly from where he was. The first thought that came to mind is 'The C's should be in there right now.'

'They should be ripped apart too.'

'Why couldn't they be there, crying in vain?'

The thoughts that he thought at that moment made him feel queasy and sick to his stomach, but it felt good too, thinking more things and having such a feeling in a loop like that made you want to be on the verge of vomiting up blood while stabbing yourself in the gut to make it stop. His halo felt... heavier. And as the thoughts stopped, he felt it become lighter again.

But Pip's attention was focused on the figure on the other side. Just like last time; pale skin, dark clothes, bags under his eyes more darker than the last. So black and white except his demonic red eyes.

Pip froze, his body tingled with excited fear, jumping all around in his body from his blond hair down to his toes. He stared at the stranger as did he, their eyes so different, yet staring into each other's existential souls. Like... a bond.

"Hello..." Pip said, trying to sound brave. He felt so scared, like his dead heart died for the second time, crushed into the pavement like a smoothie.

The figure waved at him, and then... disappeared into nothingness. A wave of air brushed Pip, but not anything else. There wasn't a swing from his seat where he couldn't put his feet on the ground, just him. And, out of nowhere, Pip had remembered his name out of nowhere.

Damien. His name was Damien. Damien Thorn. Satan's son.