Chapter 3

Pip walked straight home and up to his shabby room after the encounter. He had so many... questions. You'd expect the overworld and the otherworld to be separate at all times, but now he was in the middle of a whole new thing. What if God or Satan knew this new contact?? What if he was punished with purgatory? Would they rip his lungs out for all eternity too, as unjust as everything else in his life???

The thoughts weighed down on his head, as heavy as metal bricks. His head pounded now. How was he not hyperventilating because of this anyways?

Just then—

"Hey, angel boy.

"Hey! Dude! Wake the fuck up!"

Wait... what??

Pip sat up straight, looking outside his window.

"No, over here."

Pip looked the other way, looking right at his closet. Nothing.

"No, up here~"

Pip looked up, just his white ceiling.

He then looked forward, a body on top of him, just now feeling heavy on his lap.

Pip jumped back in suprise, anchored by Damien's figure. "Hehehe, surprised you?" Damien coiled back up, floating right over Pip, his horns not showing.

"Y-y-yes, very," Pip said, adjusting back his cap in the right place. "You shouldn't scare people like that, it's not very nice of you."

Damien scoffed. "Oh Pip, give it a break. I'm the antichrist, what do you expect? For me to shake your hand and say 'hi I'm Damien nice to meet you'? Hell no!"

Pip huffed, but went along with it anyways.

"I didn't expect you to make an appearance like this, seeing you on the other side like that..."

"Whatever, angel boy, I don't care about appearances at all. Now tell me, what the hell were you doing on the swing? And why were you staring into my kingdom come?" Damien interrupted rudely.

"Well, I gotten injuries the other day by a group of boys and I was just walking around like always...

"Just... silly old me walking around the place like a weirdo..." Pip chuckledhalfheartedly and unruly. Damien just stared at him as an awkward silence filled the air. Like he felt what Pip felt.

"Hmm, I guess that explains it," Damien broke the tension. "I'll be on my merry way to my damned father. See you around, angel boy."

Pip tried to stutter a 'wait', but in a flash, he was gone, just like that.