The Hero

It was the third day out of the country, scrounging, hiking, looking for anything that could possibly give them a hint of Harry's life. Harry was beginning to believe that maybe he was meant to know nothing about who he really is. He sat in his hotel room, looking out the window. Tears falling down his face, while resting his chin on his knees. Gemma was doing some research on what happened to the scientist, and if she could find some clues. Once she found nothing, she darted her eyes to Harry. He wiped a single tear off his cheek, not even noticing Gemma was looking at him. She got up and sat next, giving him a tight hug.

  "I know you were excited to find out about your heritage and where you were from. Maybe dad will find something with his scientist buddies in London." Gemma reassured him.

Harry nodded, wiping his face with his sleeve. "I just, I always wanted to know what made me so different from the others. Why I wasn't just a simple human, like everyone else." He shook his head, not understanding why he was given the life he had.

  "Do you regret living a human life?" She asked moving away to look at him.

  "Of course not. I just want to know why I'm so different! I feel so alone in the world sometimes, because no one else is like me." Harry stood up. "There is something inside me telling me that somewhere out there, I will find someone like me. People with the same abilities. I love you guys, i love my family. But I'd like to know who my biological family is."

Gemma nodded, understanding what he was trying to say. She was about to say something, but was interrupted by the door being swung open. Robin and Anne walked in holding a small, dirty, old trunk.

  "We found something." Anne said, catching her breath.

Harry and Gemma approach them, helping them with the trunk and placed it on the bed.

  "What is this?" Harry asked, trying to open it.

  "A friend of mine said that this was found at the cave that the scientist was buried in. They did a whole search and found no trace of him. But they did find this. I've been trying to open it for the past hour. I can't, nothing can." Robin explains. "We'll take back and I'll run some test, hopefully we can find something."

The family all glance at each other with a concern look. Harry was hopeful, but something inside him felt like he was going to be disappointed.

Friday morning Louis woke up feeling excitement in the pit of his stomach. He honestly didn't know why, but he felt like today was going to be a great day.

He dressed himself in a blue suit, brushed his hair back, and put on his black work shoes. He grabbed his sunglasses, keys, and phone. He looked around to make sure he didn't forget something, then proceeded to walk out the door. He locked it behind him, then took the elevator down.

Once he was out of the building, he smirked when seeing Zayn standing there in his white mustang.

  "Ah, it's death and his horse. I should've known the apocalypse was happening soon" Louis joked.

  "Actually, I'm your prince charming here to pick you up with my beautiful, white stallion." Zayn played along. Both of them chuckled and got inside the car.

"Don't you have a company to run?" Louis asked, while Zayn turned the car on and began to drive.
  "I have a Vice President he'll be fine."

  "I don't understand how you can trust someone enough to run your company."

  "Well everything that they do, or have access to runs straight through my database, so if there's something that doesn't look right, it will alert me."

  "Let me guess, you made this technology."

  "Yes sir."

Louis rolled his eyes, the car was approaching the building. Zayn pulled up in front, getting out of the car. Louis got off as well, watching Zayn scowl the valet to not scratch his car. Both men walked into the building, not looking at any of the employees as if they were too good for them. Of course, that was Louis' image. The hot, arrogant CEO that is wanted by almost everyone in the city. Once in the elevator, Zayn glanced at Louis.