Chapter Nine: A Brand New Road!

The next morning, Braedey was fast asleep inside one of the Cozy Cones. He felt at peace. As the time struck around 8:00AM, he heard the sound of beeping, and looked to his right. He saw the alarm clock, him shutting it off, and he started to roll out of the cone. But, as he does, he suddenly heard the sound of Mater laughing and whooping. He wondered what it could be, and as he does so, Sally drove out of the motel, and saw something what made her smile.

"Wow." Sally said, as she drove up.

"Mornin', Sally!" Mater greeted. "Hey, look at this here fancy new road that Lightnin' McQueen done just made!"

It was true. Instead of a ruined road going from the courthouse to the café, it was a fresh, smooth, and flat stretch of black asphalt.

Sally drove up with Braedey. "Yeah! Amazing!"

"Very nice." Braedey agreed.

Mary came up next. "This is crazily cool." She commented, and drove onto the road, feeling how smooth it was on her wheels.

Ramone, sporting a green paint-job, lowered himself down on his wheels, feeling how smooth it was. "Yeah!" He sighed deeply.

Flo drove up. "Ohh, Ramone. Mama ain't seen you that low in years."

Ramone looked down the road. "I haven't seen a road like this in years."

"Well, then let's cruise, baby." Flo told her husband, as three both began to cruise down the road.

"Low and slow." Ramone added.

Luigi and Guido examine the newly paved road. "E Bellissima! It's beautiful! Guido, look, it's a like it was paved by angels."

Mater drove along the paved road, along with Mary, and they couldn't help but feel entranced to the road. "Oh, I tell you what. I bet even the roads on the moon ain't this smooth." Mater commented.

Sally looked over to Doc, who had just pulled up. "Doc, look at this. Shoulda tossed him into the cactus a lot sooner, huh?"

"Well, he ain't finished yet. Still got a long way to go." Doc gestured to the road further behind them.

Luigi was now being pulled by Mater down the road. "Guido, look at Luigi!" He then laughed, as he lets go of the hook, and spun around. "This is fantastico!"

Sally smiled. "That looks like fun! Mater, I got dibs, next turn!" She than drove onto the new road.

Lizzie drove down the road slowly. "Hey, Luigi, this new road makes your place look like a dump." She laughed.

Luigi scoffed at her. "That crazy old devil woman." He breathed in, then realised something, as he drove up to his tyre shop. "Ohh, ohh. She's right! Guido!"

Doc looked at the road, and smirked. "Huh. That punk actually did a good job." He then looked to his right, and saw Bessie nearby. "Well, now... where the heck is he?"

"He couldn't have gone far." Braedey added.

~*~*~