Chapter Sixteen: The Final Tiebreaker Race Pt1

It was now a bright sunny day down at the Los Angeles International Speedway. Thousands upon thousands of cars were lining up at the front gate of the speedway, wanting to see the final four-way tiebreaker race of the Piston Cup Racing Series.

The Los Angeles International Speedway's track has an ovular shape, with one straightaway bearing a slight curve. The infield consists of a large field for caravans to view the race, as well as a pit row, sponsor tents, and a sandy lot for trailers to park in. The entrance gate is very large, with large pillars with Piston Cup logos engraved in them. Outside of the main entrance tunnel is a yellow Piston Cup trophy statue. Surrounding the race track is an immense amount of space for spectators.

"Hello, race fans, and welcome to what has become, quite simply, the biggest event in the history of racing

"Hello, race fans, and welcome to what has become, quite simply, the biggest event in the history of racing." Bob announced to the viewing world. "A four-way battle for the Piston Cup!"

"There's a crowd of nearly 200,000 cars here at the Los Angeles International Speedway." Darrell spoke up next. "Tickets to this race are hotter than a black leather seat on a hot summer day!"

"The King, Chick Hicks, Lightning and 'Bolt' McQueen, in a 200 lap, winner-takes-all, tiebreaker race." Bob announced the four racers competing.

"You know Bob, I got a lotta miles on me, but let me tell you somethin' buddy. I never thought I'd see anything like this." Darrell spoke up to Bob, who nodded in agreement. "Wow! Man. This is exciting!"

Bob agreed with his co-presenter. "In fact, the country has almost shut down, to watch what many experts are calling 'the race of the century'."

Down by the Dinoco tent, The King was getting his racing tyres and checked, whilst his team were getting all their gear ready for the big race. This was gonna be one hell of a race.

Junior drove up to the veteran racecar. "Hey, King! Good luck in your last race. You've sure been an inspiration to me." He told him.

"Thanks, Junior

"Thanks, Junior. Appreciate it." The King thanked, and Junior then drove off to where his team was.

Lynda then drove up alongside her husband. "Hey, be careful out there, OK?"