Chapter Twelve: Our Town & A New Coat

The next morning in Radiator Springs wakes up with the sound of an American bugle horn going off. At Sarge's Surplus Hut, the Willys MB 'Jeep' was doing his morning routine. After raising the American flag up the pole above his home, he saluted to the flag with his radio antenna. But, once he does so, the sound of Hendrix music echoed out from next door, which was where Fillmore lived.

Sarge fumed in anger, and turned towards his neighbour. "Will you turn that disrespectful junk off?!" He yelled out, as Fillmore drove out of his Taste-Inn.

"Respect the classics, man. It's Hendrix!" Fillmore called back.

Over by the Cozy Cone, Braedey drove out of his Cone, looking up at the bright morning sky. He showed a smile, and he stretched out his wheels, feeling like a new car.

"Noooo!!!" Lightning's sudden scream made Braedey jump, as he looked over to the cone on his right. "I gotta get outta here!" With that, the door opened, and Lightning raced out of the cone, heading off towards Doc's clinic.

'Whoa. He must've been freaked out by something.' Braedey thought to himself, and he decided to head over to Flo's for breakfast.

~*~*~

Lightning drove up to Doc's place, and bursts through the doors. "Hey, have you seen the Sheriff?" Lightning asked, then noticed the sheriff up on the lift. "Oh! Oh, my gosh." Sheriff was getting a tune up.

"Hey, what are you doin'?" Doc asked, turning and facing Lightning.

"Get a good peek, city boy?" Sheriff asked next, shaking his rear bumper out of amusement.

"I, a... a... I just need my daily gas ration from the Sheriff." Lightning stuttered to Doc, while trying not to look at Sheriff.

"Wait for him at Flo's. Now, get outta here." Doc said.

"I've been trying to get outta here for three days!" Lightning yelled, then drove out of the clinic.

"Hope you enjoyed the show!" Sheriff called out.

As Lightning drove away, he kicked a lone can away. He was about to head over to Flo's, but he heard the sound of the can hitting something. He looked over to the garage at the back of the clinic, and he went over to investigate.

~*~*~

Meanwhile, at Flo's, everyone was having their breakfast, preparing to start the day. Braedey was also there, and was given a fresh can of oil. He didn't mind this, especially since it was high-grade oil.

"You know, some automotive yoga could really lower your RPM's, man." Fillmore told Sarge.

Sarge rolled his eyes in frustration. "Oh, take a car wash, hippie."

Braedey leaned over to Mater. "Do those two always argue over anything?" He asked.

"Yup." Mater replied simply, and continued to drink his can of oil.

"Yeah, look at my husband, y'all." Flo called, as Ramone drove up. He was now sporting a bright yellow paint job. "Hooo... That's your colour!"

 That's your colour!"