Washington?

Geo
Kris: Geo where the hell we going?

Me : Relax you'll like it.

Kris: I'm starting not to like it cause idk where I'm going. I've never been on this side of town.

Me: You're safe I promise.

I decided to take Kris somewhere nice for tonight. I had a feeling she hasn't been on the south side of town before so I'm taking her for a nice view.

We were like 30 minutes into the ride and Kris looks around like a little kid looking at animals.

Kris: Geo where the hell we going now?

Me : We're almost there.

Kris: You said that 10 minutes ago!

I chuckled and looked over at her getting annoyed. It was cute on her. I gripped onto her thigh to calm her down and gave her my winning smile.

Me: I promise baby you're safe. We're dead ass down the street.

Kris: *sighs* Alright.

We pulled up at Lake Vixen. Lake Vixen is a nice size lake in the middle of the woods. I've always came to this lake when I just wanted to get away from everybody or when I just wanted to see the sunset. It's my hiding place from everything.

I put the car in park and turned the engine off. Kris looks around then at me confused as ever.

Kris: You kidnapped me just to go to a lake?

Me: It's more than "just a lake" Kristina. Look at the sun setting over the lake.

She looks and a flock of cranes fly from one side of the lake to the other. The sky changed from a sunburn yellow to a pretty fuchsia color with the clouds. I heard Kris gasp at the scenery and I smiled.

Kris looked amazed and beautiful as the sun kissed her skin. She doesn't know but she really gives me butterflies and I hate it but love it. She might be a hot head to others but I see a spoiled baby that needs the right love and affection.

I unlocked the doors and grabbed a blanket from the back seat. She sees me and grabs my arm before I got out the car.

Kris: You're gonna miss it!

Me: *chuckles* I've seen the sun set a billion times baby girl. You enjoy it then come to hood of the car for me.

I kissed her cheek then got out the car with the blanket. I then placed the blanket on the ground. Next I walked back to the car grabbing my book bag full of snacks and drinks and the two blunts out the compartment between the seats.

By the time I set everything out the sun was gone. Kris got out the car and found me sitting on the blanket lighting up a blunt. She then laughs.

Kris: You're such a cornball man.

Me : You love this cornball tho. Sit ya ass down and take this blunt.

She smiles at me then lays on the blanket placing her head on my lap. I chuckled then gave her the blunt.

Fireflies flew around blinking their lights every now and then. Crickets chirped around the lake and us making it so relaxing to me. I looked up at the stars shining bright as ever.

We sat there in silence for a while taking in everything around us. Kris eventually looked at me and spoke.

Kris: Why did you bring me here Geo?

Me: Since I was 15 with my first car I would come out here and just enjoy the view or when I have problems and just wanted to get away. This was my sanctuary from all the bullshit.

Kris: Was your sanctuary?

Me: *looks at her* Yeah. I'm talking to my new sanctuary now.

I kissed her forehead. She looks at me with her low red eyes then smiles blushing. Her smile is everything to me.

Kris: I love you so much Geo it's crazy.

Me: Crazy enough to come to Washington with me?

Her pretty smile faded from her face. Kris then sat up and cleared her throat.

Kris: Washington?

Me: Yeah. It's not bad in Washington. You get to meet famous people and of course travel with me.

Kris; I-I don't know about that Geo.

Me: Why not? You'll be able to stay with me. Get a nice job that pays you much more there. And we'll be together making moves babe.

Kris looks at me then the ground for a minute thinking. I didn't know it takes this long for her to say yes or okay.

Kris: I need time to think about it.

Me: Kris I don't have time. I leave tomorrow night.

Kris: I know I know. I jus- *sighs* I still need time to think.

She stands up and walk towards the lake. I stood up following her cause it's something she ain't telling me. And I deserve to know at least.

Me: Kris what's on your mind?

Kris: *looks at me* I want to say yes but I can't.

Me: Why not?

Kris: Cause..

Me: Kristina..

Kris: What if we don't work out? What if one of us stop loving one another? What if something happens in Washington and we end up splitting? I don't have any family up there Georgina!

Hearing her say that and thinking that made me a little sad cause it seems like she doesn't have faith in us. I looked at Kris deep into her pretty dark orbs.

Me: So you think we're not gonna work out?

Kris: Geo that's not-

Me: Yes or No Kristina.

She looks at me and tries to say something but nothing came out. Her eyes told a whole story though. And it was a story I didn't want to see.

I moved from her and grabbed the blanket and my bag throwing it in the backseat of the car. Kris kept calling my name but I didn't answer. I then looked at her while getting in my car.

Me: Get in the car Kristina.

I then turned the car on and switched gears ready to leave. She gets in the car and we both head to the house. In silence.

*****
Vote comment
Sorry for the late ass updates. My ass been maaaaad swamped with school.

-Kel