𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 3: 𝐀𝐧𝗼𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐞

Date: February 4, 1990
Location: Detroit, MI

"To finish today's sermon we're gonna have my two lovely daughters Anika and Kisha will sing His Eyes On The Sparrow, " my dad said on through the microphone

Today's a Sunday so we had church today. And my dad has been having us practice singing some more Gospel songs at the end of each service.

"Amen, " one person said.

"Sing it chile, " another person said.

( Lauryn Hill part is sung by Anika and Tanya Blount part is sung by Kisha)

After me and Kisha stopped singing everybody in the church started clapping, praying, and some were even crying.

Once Sunday service was over we all stood outside the church waiting for my mama to stop talking to everybody and I then saw my Auntie Pepper. She came up to me and Kisha and gave us both a hug.

"Yall sounded so good up there, I thought I was hearing angels, " Auntie Pepper said.

"Thank you, where's DeShaun, " I asked since after what happened at the house party I've been hanging out with him more and Marshall. I even managed to have some form of friendship with Kim.

Honestly, I think Kim only had an attitude with me at first because she thought I had a thing for Marshall. Which will never happen. Marshall cool and all but that's not something I'm up to doing. He just a friend of mine in a way sort of.

"He's with Marshall doing God knows what. Hopefully, he gets himself together like y'all. " Auntie Pepper complained which I thought was a little harsh. DeShaun likes rapping and music in general so he's trying to get his career started just like Marshall. Not everyone wants to go to college or school. And honestly, you don't need to go to college or school to be successful, all the time. But it is resourceful to go.

"So what school you going to Kisha, " Auntie Pepper asked since Kisha's about to go away for college.

"Michigan State, " Kisha said which made Auntie Pepper smile so happily.

"Good for you, you should want to stay close to the family too." Auntie Pepper said as Kisha just smiled since she knew damn well she wanted to become a cosmetologist. She was always good at doing makeup and hairstyles for both me and her. So why is she still trying to live up to mama and daddy's fantasy?

"What about you Anika, " I was asked.

"Right now I don't—, " I said before my mama cut me off.

"She going to Spellman hopefully if she keeps her grades up, " my mom answered even though I honestly didn't know if I wanted to go to college.

"You already know Anika gon do good like always, " Auntie Pepper complimented making me smile.

"Yeah she betta, " my mama said making me roll my eyes.

"Mrs. Scott is it okay if Anika comes over my house to study for a test I'm having tomorrow, " Tamina asked my momma.

"It's a school night, " my momma complained.

"It's alright go help her, " my dad said so I went up to him and hugged him and my momma then left with Tamina.

"You don't really need help, " I asked as Tamina started laughing.

"Hell no I already studied but I want to ask you something, " Tamina said.

"What is it, " I said as we walked to her house.

"What would you do if I told you that I had feelings for DeShaun, " Tamina asked causing me to stop and squeal happily and the laugh.

"You like DeShaun, " I asked smiling.

"Yeah, " Tamina said blushing.

"Holy shit, well are y'all dating, " I asked since at the house party they were kinda all up on each other and have been a lil secretive lately.

"I can't say, " Tamina said making me laugh.

I then jumped in front of her to stop her from walking.

"Now don't try to get all shy and scared now. Answer the question, " I said to her.

"You won't tell nobody, " Tamina asked me making me look at her.

"Who I'm gonna tell, Kisha too damn worried about school and Lamar. And who I'm gonna tell other than her, " I said.

"Nobody, " Tamina answered.

"Exactly so answer the dang question, " I said.

"We dating, " Tamina finally confessed as she blushed some more.

"Oh my God, oh shit sorry heavenly father, " I said as I asked for forgiveness since I used god's name in vain.

"So you give it to him, " I said quietly.

"No, not yet I don't know him like that, " Tamina said causing us to hi-five.

"I know that's right. Keep it yo pants boy, " I said laughing with Tamina as we got to her house finally.

"Anyways, what's goin on with that white boy who hangs out with DeShaun, " Tamina asked.

"He got a name dumbass, and ain't shit goin on with him. He got a girl and I respect her too much to act like a hoe. " I said as we walked into Tamina's room.

"So you like him, " Tamina asked me.

"No I like chocolate sorry, " I said as I looked through The Source magazine.

"I mean he's not bad in way, " Tamina said as she turned on the radio.

"I ain't say he was but I like what I like and it's not him so stop, " I said to Tamina as LL Cool J "I'm Bad" came on.

"But yo got to admit he does seem like yo type, " Tamine said.

"You see this, " I said as I turned the magazine around which had a picture of LL Cool J on it.

"Yeah so, " Tamina said.

"This is my type, and it damn well look real good, " I said as I kissed the magazine image of LL Cool J.

"So fuck off, " I said as I put the middle finger up at Tamina and kept reading the magazine to see which album to go out and buy.

"They're jingling, baby, " Tamina sang to me making me impersonate LL Cool J how he me licking his lips.

"Go 'head, baby, " I sang back as we started laughing together hysterically.