𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 6: 𝐁𝗼𝐲 𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞

Date: April 8, 1990
Location: Detroit, MI

It's been about two weeks since Marshall showed up at my house and after talking things over with my parents Marshall was allowed to stay he just had to get a job so he started working a couple of odd end jobs

I even got me a job working at this local diner. Just so I can bring home some money for myself. Since I'm trying to buy some new clothes. Especially since I got a date with Marcus Thompson, the co-captain of the basketball team this weekend.

I'm currently walking over to DeShaun's house since his mom wanted me to come over.

Once I got there I went into the kitchen and instantly spotted my auntie.

"Hey auntie, " I said as I hugged her.

"Hey Anika now I got something for you it's just in my room go get it.... it's on the dresser." My aunt said as I nodded my head and went to her room.

While walking in her hallway I saw DeShaun and Marshall I guess trying to write rhymes which made me laugh a lil bit. But I continued on until I was finally inside and I saw the book I came over here for.

And while going out of my aunt's room I peeped my head in DeShaun's room since I heard yelling and saw Marshall and Kim arguing again.

Like ever since Marshall has been crashing at my house Kim has been over and that's okay but it's like they have been getting into it a lot lately so my parents told him to keep what he got going on with Kim out of their house.

"Hey....oops, " I said as Marshall and Kim both looked at me.

"What are you doing here, " Kim said with an attitude.

"Um...this is my aunt house and DeShaun, my cousin's house so I have a reason more than you boo, " I said back in a clam but slick way.

She lucky I respect her a lot for being Marshall girlfriend and I mean sure we ain't friends like that but we cordial.

"Hey can I walk back with you, " Marshall said ignoring whatever else Kim had to say.

"You didn't have to ask, " I said as I kept on walking until I got to the door.

"Thanks Auntie bye DeShaun, " I said as I left out the house leaving Marshall who was still arguing with Kim.

This alone made me start laughing especially when Marshall just walked out and was running to catch up with me.

"What's so funny, " Marshall asked while walking trying to catch his breath now.

"You and Kim, " I said causing Marshall to shake his head no.

"Nah me and her through for real this time she always pressin me, " Marshall said which made me raise my eyebrow.

"Well ain't you doing the same thing....you expect Kim to be faithful to you but you already know the dilemma she's not and then you not so innocent either fool I've seen you try to get yo mack on with a couple of my teammates, " I said to Marshall cause he making it seem like Kim is just this horrible person but really I just think both of them are just a wrong match.

"I only did that to make her jealous and to know how it feels for her to be going around acting like a hoe. " Marshall said making me bust out laughing.

"Boy I just hope you don't act that way with yo wife, " I said still laughing.

"Nah marriage ain't for me and if it is I ain't marrying that crazy bitch, " Marshall said as I tried to keep a straight face.

"You absolutely right...boy please knowing you Kim and you are going to break up then make up several damn times even after y'all get married, " I teased Marshall who laughed a little.

"Nah what about you relationship doctor ass...you settling down or gettin with someone, " Marshall asked as I shook my head no.

"No I got too many things to be worried about but if I did its none of your business, " I teased as Marshall blew in my ear making me jump and hit him.

"Marshall stop with that shit...what you need to be doing is give me dating advice, " I said walking.

"Alright you got a date or something, " Marshall asked as I nodded my head yeah.

"Whatever he says don't fall for it especially that corny ass pick up lines and shit, " Marshall said as I nodded my head.

"How will I no it's corny, " I asked Marshall.

"You'll know honest now why you asking me questions like yo ass ain't ever been on a date or something, " Marshall asked as I then got quiet.

"Anika you ain't ever been on a date or nothing, " Marshall said surprisingly.

"No problem, " I asked as Marshall shook his head no.

"Nah just thought you would I mean you pretty, smart as hell compared to me and Kim, got a job, your ass probably gonna go to college, you got it going on just damn that's surprising, " Marshall said making me feel hot around my cheeks and I just smiled shyly.

"Thanks but yeah I don't go out like that. The only person I go out somewhere with is Tamina. " I confessed since it's true I ain't really got time for boys and just never felt the need to give my time to them.

"Don't worry too much about it and hey if he don't rock with you i'll take you somewhere, " Marshall said making me turn and look at him.

"Nah I'm good white boy you probably can't handle lil ole me, " I teased as Marshall laughed.

"First of all I might be betta and look betta than that baby Huey ass fool that is taking you out and I know damn well my corny ass pick up line are better too, " Marshall said as I just rolled my eyes.

"Yeah well we'll see if this date ain't shit, " I said as we continued to walk home.