𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 5: 𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 ?

Date: March 27, 1990
Location: Detroit, MI

After my argument with Marshall and Tamina, I've been good on both those assholes

After my argument with Marshall and Tamina, I've been good on both those assholes. I ain't called or seen either of them and I don't plan on too. And I know I might sound jealous but no I'm glad Tamina has someone, but just because you with someone doesn't mean for you to leave me high and dry for them. Bitch I knew you longer and you gonna try to play me for my cousin. That's some fucked up shit so as of now forget Tamina.

Now Marshall I ain't really mad at him, I just took my anger out on him, and for that, I'm pretty sorry but I won't admit it so forget Marshall too.

So to distance me from the Nickelback bunch I've been hanging only out with Kiesha whenever she's not busy or my cheer team. And when I ain't helping them strangely enough my younger siblings have been keeping me occupied.

Like right now since my parents are at work it was only us kids in the house so I made some dinner for us. I cooked some spaghetti and meatballs with some garlic bread for us and when I was done I told Stacy, Denise, and Marcus to come to eat. I asked Kiesha if she was hungry but she said she's going out with Jamal so it's looking like I'm in charge as of now.

While eating Stacy decided to share that she's going on a field trip and need a permission slip signed. And today is the last day to get it signed.

"Stacy why are you now bringing this up, " I asked while stay shrugged her shoulders.

"No don't sit there and shrug your shoulders. You knew you need this signed and now mama and daddy at work so I don't know what else to tell you, " I said as I just turned my head and finished eating.

"But I forgot and I wanna go, " Stacy started whining.

"If your butt wanted to go so much you would've told mama and daddy earlier than waiting till they both gone to say something," I said as I looked at Stacy who now was throwing a whole damn fit.

So I turned my head to see Denise playing with her salad.

"Eat the salad Denise, " I said as I ate some of mine.

"But it's vegetables, " Denise complained.

"For the love of—, forget it Denise if you don't eat the salad you won't be healthy and you eat greens this is like the same thing, " I explained.

"But it's so bland tasting, " Denise said making me and both me and Marcus burst into laughter.

"Genius if you ain't noticed that's why the salad dressing is out now, " I said to Denise while laughing.

The rest of that dinnertime was spent making fun of Denise and telling funny stories to each other. And then I asked Marcus to wash the dishes while I went to make sure Stacy and Denise brushed their teeth and took a bath before putting them to bed. I then came out of the room to see Marcus in his room listening to the radio so I kinda shut the door so he won't wake our sisters up.

I then went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and take a shower and changed into my pajamas. Afterward, I just finished the rest of my homework before going to sleep but I heard a knock at the door so I woke up.

I crept into the living room and looked into the peephole to see Marshall so I opened the door.

"Marshall what are you doing up this late, " I said as I wiped the sleep out of my eyes.

"Sorry I woke you up but you think I could sleep here for a while, " Marshall said as I then opened the door to let him inside.

"You hungry, " I asked him.

"Yeah, " Marshall said as I nodded my head and lead him into the kitchen and I warmed up leftover spaghetti and meatballs.

I then gave it to him and as I sat down at the table Marshall was eating his food up real quick so that let me know he ain't ate in a couple of days or something.

"Marshall what happened." I asked Marshall.

"That bitch is what happened moms and me got into it so I got kicked out of the house. " Marshall complained.

"How long has it been since you were kicked out." I asked him.

"About 2 weeks, " Marshall said which made me frustrated. Now what kind of woman would kick her son out and not be worried?

"Marshall where the hell you been staying then, " I asked him.

"At DeShaun house and some people I know." Marshall said as I nodded my head.

"You can stay here if you want. Just gotta make sure it's okay with my parents in the morning. Now once you finished your sleeping on the couch so I'll go get some covers and blankets, " I said as I got up and got some covers and pillows out for Marshall.

I then turned on the Tv for him since I doubt he going to sleep anytime soon.

"Okay I got covers and shit out for you but I'm going to bed so night, " I said to Marshall I pinched him but as I moved to leave Marshall grabbed my hand making me stop.

"Anika thanks for real, " Marshall said as I nodded my head while Marshall leaned into me.

"Kim....have you talked to her, " I said since I wanted Marshall to understand that he got a girlfriend and I ain't like that.

"I hate that hoe. " Marshall said making me laugh a little.

"You hate her now but love her later, " I said as I just left Marshall to himself and went back into my room so that I could go back to sleep since I had plans the next day.