The Soldier's Wickedness

Terror set in. You'd lived with these people your whole lives, and now they were being attacked! And you could not do anything! Frozen in place, you watched the scene until the villagers were either rounded up or killed.

"Prince Kouen, there is one more!" A soldier pointed at you. You gasped as more soldiers on horseback started to chase you. But soon the pain overtook you, and you screamed, landing on the dirt in front of a man on a beautiful sorrel horse. Tornado neighed, being caught by the soldiers on horseback.

"No! Tornado!" You screeched, reaching out to the stallion. But soldiers blocked your vision. "Please, leave us alone! We did nothing to you people!!" You screamed.

"We're taking over the continent. Whether you did something to us or not doesn't matter." A deep voice responded. You looked over to see the man on the sorrel horse dismounting. He came towards you. "What's in the bag?"

"Nothing! I have no weapons nor other ways to harm you people in this satchel, I promise! It's just herbs! To heal the people who you are attacking!" You screamed. You were pulled up to your feet, forced to look at a tall man with red hair and eyes. He wore a headdress, probably to indicate he was royalty. Red, white, and black colored robes covered his body, though his chest was partly exposed.

"Show the proper respect to the first imperial prince of the Kou Empire, Ren Kouen!" Ordered a teal-haired male. His hair looked almost like snakes.

"RESPECT MY ASS!!! YOU'RE HURTING THEM!!! YOU'RE HURTING ME BY HURTING THEM!!!" You screamed. "HURTING YOUR SUPPOSED SUBJECTS?! WHAT KIND OF PRINCE DOES THAT?!"

"Shut up!" the prince snapped, his knee slamming into your gut. You gasped, coughing. "We gave you people the choice to give in peacefully. You decided not to!" He informed. You jumped, shocked at the sudden change of attitude. The red-haired man took a deep breath. "You people refused us. We responded." He grabbed your jaw. "And if you don't cooperate now, then you, and your people will be put to death."

You gasped at the harsh punishment. Who killed people just because they didn't accept a leader? You looked at the rounded up people, just barely seen through the legs and torsos of the soldiers. Then you looked back at the leader of these people.
"What do you want from me?" You inquired, and the male smirked. He released your jaw, leaving it sore.

"Why'd you fall off your horse?"

"The pain was too much."

"Pain? You don't have any wounds."

"I can feel their pain. I can feel other people's feelings, emotions. I can feel how serious you are, and that you have great plans for the world."

"All that, just by looking at me?"

"Yes."

"And you said that you have herbs in that bag, right?"

"Yeah."

"So you're a healer?"

"Apprentice, but yes."

"Can you see the Rukh?"

"Indeed. They flutter around you now, looking determined."

"Then why didn't you activate your borg?"

"My mentor says that I'm different from other magicians; my body is stronger than most magicians. Instead of having the spell Borg, I can form protective animals." You told him, looking at a golden dragonfly. The dragonfly flew in front of the man, exploding into tiny fragments of light. "That was just a tiny portion of the Animus Borg. If I'm in mortal danger, sometimes larger animals will form."

"How interesting. So you're an artificial magician, then." He sighed when you turned your head, confused. "You know, where you're experimented on, and then can perform magic. Artificial magicians generally don't have borgs."

"Oh! No, I've lived in this village my whole life. Never left, never really received experiments. I've always been able to do that." You answered.

"Eh?!" Asked the man with teal-colored snakes for hair. "HOW?!"

"Shut it, Sheishuu!" His master snapped. "What's your name?"

"Y/n."

"Y/n? Well, Y/n, I want you to become my army's healer. Your skills are very useful, and they can help expand my Empire. I promise that your village will no longer suffer if you do so." He promised. As he said so, two soldiers rode up to your area. They slowed to a halt.

"We captured a man with brown hair and eyes. He claims to be called Nergüi."

"Please, don't hurt him! He just wanted to protect me!" You called out after hearing the name. The red-haired man looked at you, then back at the two soldiers.

"Do as she says. He'll remain here, in the village." The man decided. You sighed in relief. "Only if Y/n becomes my army's healer, however." He went on. You rolled your eyes. So he really was bent on you becoming part of his army, eh?

"We aren't finished. He's been mauled. Could barely get his name out, stupid creature." The soldier interrupted. You gasped, not believing your ears.

"N-no, he couldn't! He's our strongest warrior!"

"Tell that to him." The soldier responded, pointing to a bloodied body. You gasped, looking away.

"May I go to her, Lord?" Asked a voice. Someone placed a hand on your head. "Y/n, he will be okay. I shall care for Nergüi. You just do your best; learn all you can. Become a great healer. Learn how to control your abilities and use them. Learn to heal. Remember these words, little one." Your mentor ordered. "The soldier protects the innocent by becoming wicked. The healer protects the soldier's wickedness by becoming the knowing innocent."

"The soldier protects the innocent by becoming wicked. The healer protects the soldier's wickedness by becoming the knowing innocent." -Your mentor, Gray