Oops

*~~~~~~*Kouen's P.O.V*~~~~~~*

"SHE'S WHERE?!" I screeched, not believing the news. Seishuu gulped nervously.

"She was resolute that we get those herbs. And she said that she'll be fine." The household answered. He looked at the ground, pausing. "Also, she said... to tell you to tolerate the other healer's presence." I sighed, closing my eyes.

"The minute that woman gets back..." I hissed under my breath. "Well? Go keep an eye on him!" The order sent Seishuu out of the tent in a flurry of limbs, and I heard him trip as he left. Sighing, I pinched the bridge of my nose. "Idiot... Both of them," I muttered.

What was Y/n even thinking? From Seishuu's report, the villagers didn't even like their presence. And she couldn't protect herself... She may be a stronger magician, but even so, the woman was still weak. She still needed to be watched over, cared for... be where I could see her. I shook my head. What the hell am I even thinking? Y/n can definitely take care of herself for a bit, and why the heck am I worried about her?

If anyone needed to be worried right now, it was probably her. I had enemies in my camp, my trusted healer was in enemy territory, and she was always stressed about how others were feeling. If anyone was gonna be worried, it was her. Besides, who knew how she was being treated? You're doing it again, Kouen! Stop it! I mentally scolded, shaking my head. Even when Y/n was near me, was safe, I found myself fretting for her. When I had first met her, she was simply a tool. She could be used to expand the empire, and help me with my other goals.

But since that day in the forest, I found myself worrying about her. She somehow caused me much anxiety. How was she feeling? Was she okay? Was she stressing about someone who was wounded? Was she stressed? Was she ready to start crying? Did she need help? How could I ease some of her anxiety? Those were only some of the many questions that arose from my mind when she was on it.

But right now, I could not worry about her. I had to worry about my soldiers, and how they were. For now, I would shove these worries, these feelings, away and focus. But a coughing bough reminded me that I was ordered to rest. With a sigh, I went back under the covers, frowning.

*~~~~~~*Your P.O.V.*~~~~~~*

You looked at the dirt floor disdainfully. Even in your village, you had some type of cover to make the ground more comfortable. The ever-watchful eyes of your guard were trained on your back. He looked at your dress disdainfully, along with your uncovered head. You were acutely aware that these people frowned upon some scanty forms of clothing, but to judge your clothing was just plain rude.

"Stop looking at me like that," You hissed as you began to lay down, trying to get comfortable. "I'm not going anywhere, you know."

"Just making sure..." The male mumbled as he looked away. You sighed, looking at the rotted wood that made up the walls of this place. Your thoughts flooded over to Nergüi. Was he well? Surely your old friend's wounds would be healed by now. After all, your mentor was a very capable person, and your old friends worked well together, you knew that.

And yet... you could not shake the longing for home, the need to see them. But, if you asked to see them, your new comrades would most likely get angry and feel hurt.

A sudden chill crept up your spine, causing you to shiver. You pulled closer to yourself, shivering. Clenching your arms, you waited silently, praying for sleep to come. By morning, hopefully, this would all be over. You would be back with your comrades, the people you were tasked with caring for, and you would watch them become well once more.

Aggression came over you in waves, causing you to feel hot and irrational. This is not your emotion, Y/n. This is the villagers'. Do not react, they will not hurt you. Your thoughts reminded you stiffly that this feeling was not yours. Voices outside soon caused you to fully ignore the aggression coming from the others.