Chapter one

When I hear my sister stomping up the stairs I now what she is about to do, she does this every school day and today isn't any different.

My door bangs the side of the wall, I close my eyes even more shut than they were before. When my sheets start slowly creeping their way off my body, I put my hands over my face "pleaseee Natalie I just want five more minutes"I whine to her as if I'm a child.

"No, you are getting out of this bed you have been here all summer now it's your first day back and you don't want to look like a zombie now do you?"

My sister is a senior and she always has things done perfect, not even because she's a senior,because she's been like this as long as I can remember. always on time, making sure that stuff is running smoothly, she is always trying her best at being an adult which she doesn't have to try too hard for it, it comes easy, but for me on the other hand not so much.

"Fine but you have to drive" I smile because I know she will.

"Okay okay now come on get dressed"she says and gets off the bed and points to my closet.

As I look through my clothes I finally see my favorite dark green t-shirt, I grab it and look in my drawers and find some baggy jeans, they sort of look like mom jeans but not as tight. I take my clothes and undergarments in to the bathroom and take a shower, my mind runs free as I think about going back to school I hate it there, well I have my best friend which makes it suck a lot less but I still don't like it there everyone makes it a point to make fun of the way I dress act look etc, I never have had a problem with the way I look I actually love my dark almost black hair and green eyes and the way I dress is just a personal thing i always have dressed like a "grandma" as some could say, but I see it as more of a intelligent librarian, I snap out of my thoughts when I hear Natalie yell.

"are you done we only have thirty minutes and you still have to do your hair and makeup" she should know by now I don't wear makeup.

"When I'm done all I have to do is my hair and Ill just put it in a pony" I shout  Back so she can hear me.

"You should do your makeup for once, you know just to see how it would look"

"That's not my thing nat and you know that, besides I don't need makeup for me to look pretty." a lot of people do their makeup because they think they don't look good without it, when I see it the other way around.

"Actually makeup was made to enhance your beauty not cover up everything" when nat says this I smile to myself because I am proud of how smart my sister is but I also yell back at her because there is now way she's winning this fight.

"god made you the way you are. You aren't supposed to change anything"

"Well a little mascara and concealer never hurt nobody" Natalie says in a quite voice, I can tell she's doing her makeup right now herself.

I finally decided to get out of the hot steamy water. I check the clock on my phone and it's 7:25 "oh crap i better hurry" I whisper to myself.

I put on my clothes and brush my hair.
As I walk out of the bathroom I scan my room making sure I didn't forget anything, I grab my backpack and rush downstairs almost falling because I run to fast. As soon as I see my best friend pull in the driveway I yell to Nat because I forgot I told Kristina to pick me up last night.

" K is here to pick me up I forgot I asked her" Natalie comes from the living room with her hair put half up half down and it's curled so perfect like she always does and her makeup is very simple but you can tell she has it on.

"Oh that's okay I'll pick up Justin then"

I roll my eyes because I don't like Justin he's always treated my sister like trash but she goes back to him because he always says he "loves" her. I don't believe him i just wish she wouldn't either.

I see my mom sitting at the island in the kitchen. My mother is the woman I couldn't live without. She's beautiful,smart,and caring.My mothers name is Tessa she has blueish grey eyes, as my dad would describe. She loves the band"the fray" and she loves books/reading,I get that from her.

"Okay well I gotta go bye Nat love you" I rap my arm around her and she does the same, I really don't know what I'd do without her.

I also hug my mom goodbye, and tell her I love her.

I put on my white shoes that probably need to be cleaned and walk out the door.

"Hey V you took long enough" she says with a white smile.

We always call each other "K"and"V" because our favorite show ever.Gossip Girl.We always and will forever watch that show together because it's our thing.

"Yeah yeah having good hygiene takes time. And of course Natalie has to give me a hard time"

"I would to Vanessa, you should really get a new wardrobe I mean, I love you and all but you look like bob ross"she says with a grin.

"Well I don't care what people think of me or what I look like all that matters is I like my clothes they may not be the cutest but they are comfortable"I really don't care what they think.

"Then that's all that matters V"she says and I can tell she doesn't want to argue any more.

"Well how was your summer" I say trying to change the conversation.

"Well you know everything. You stayed at my house most the time"she laughes.

"Right I know but is there new boys I don't know about" I say teasing her, I do this every day.

"I mean not really there was this guy on a dating app an-"

"No way K you did not get a dating app" I cut her off knowing she's going to be embarrassed.

"Don't make fun of me. At least I'm trying to get a man. I have known you for 9 years v and you have never had a boyfriend or even tried".

She's right i have always been focused on my school so I never have had time, it's  not like the boys jump to date me either, they think I'm a tomboy, in their defense I kind of am.

"I guess I'm just to focused on school" I say trying to keep the "boy" conversation short and sweet.

"Oh well they are all asses so don't waist your time also, every guy at our school don't deserve you, your to sweet"

"Thanks Kristina and uh, I know" I say and wink at her

"I hate you" she laughs

"Great we are here"Kristina says in a sarcastic voice.

I look out the window to see the big sign that says "southwest high"our school. And I know I'm In for a long school year.