Chapter five

Oh how I love it when it rains, it's quit beautiful actually. It's fall so the weather is going to get progressively worse, but what's to be expected. I love fall. The leafs,sweaters,hot cocoa, and most importantly Halloween. I go crazy every year,my mom is usually gone for some book signing, so I have the house all to myself. This year is no different, Halloween is only three weeks away, and my mom told me she's going to be gone out of town for at lest a month, so I'm probably going to invite K over when the time comes but, for now I need to get up.

I really don't want to but I know I have to.

"Come on nessy"my sister yells from the bottom of the stair case.

I hate when she calls me that, we should always make up names as kids to call each other and we'll mine was nessy and hers was tally.

Don't ask.

"Don't call me that tally!" I yell and smile as I throw off my sheets.

"For heavens sake just wake up and get ready"

"Yeah yeah I'm up" I walk out of my room and wave towards myself and look at my sister "happy". I say sarcastically.

"No. Go get ready you look like a dang troll Vanessa"

Excuse me bitch I think I look cute...well maybe...not BUT that's not the point.

"I'm going miss perfect"I turn back to my room and in my closet.

"Thanks I know" I hear her say before she stomps off.

My mom told me she got clothes online for me. She said mine are too "old", I told her that I like my clothes how they are holes and all, she yelled at me till I agreed to wear her "clothes"she got me.

So here I am looking at the box I'm guessing nat put in my closet. I quickly open it and find stuff that looks very...tight, no not tight just not...me i guess you can't please everyone right?.

I'm not putting any of these clothes anywhere near my body so I'll just tell her I wore them, I love my mom but I hate how she wants me to be "hip" with fashion that's just not me and never will be. I would rather wear my mom jeans with a basic white t-shirt and black belt with black vans.

And I went in my closet and got just that, i look in my full body mirror.

It's cute it's comfortable and it's me.

Finally grabbing my backpack and heading down stairs. i see nat in the kitchen eating cereal.

" I'm just gonna get a protein bar,me and kat are going to Missy's then to school, so I'm just going to get something there" I say as I entered the kitchen.

"Okay be careful Vanessa"she says and looks at me with...sadness?.

Well that's weird

"Um...okay" I look at her with questioning eyes.

"Nat"I say and set on the stool by the island in the kitchen.

She looks at me like she wants whatever I have to say to be over.

"Yes Vanessa"

"What did drake come here for last night, he said that he wanted you"I look at my fingers than back up at her "are you hiding something?, if so please just tell me."

"Who" is all she says.

Why. Why is she not looking at me In The eyes.

"Drake from my class he's new I don't remember his last name" she still isn't looking at me.

What did you do Natalie young?

Whatever it is I'll get to the bottom of it that for sure.

"Don't know him maybe he came for" she quickly looks up at me then back down" um moms autograph" she smiles to herself like I can't see "Yeah for moms autograph that's probably what he wanted".