Hunt

I made sure that his position is right before I leave him. I walk for a few minutes before seing a deer. I arm and shoot, the arrow sticking in it's eye. Well then... I grab it's legs before dragging it under a giant tree.

I pull a rope out of my satchel and tie the deer safely onto my stead. I then proceed to mount my black horse before returning to my brother's side. I find him taking his arrow out of a bunny, smiling as he finally caught his first prey on his own.

''Sister, when are we arriving?'' Lienard asks as we pass a nearby village.

"If the weather is clement, we'll arrive tonight, if not we might arrive within one or two day. 3 maximum." I answer before setting foot on the ground as  does Lienard.

I take our preys and start walking around this town. It was quite a horrible sight. It just suffered 3 days of occupation of bandits. Most of the houses were burned to ashes and the population were in their houses, too afraid to leave the comfort of the remaining of what used to be a honorable town.

We walk to the square before placing what we had on a bench. We knew that every pair of eyes were on us, wondering if we were help, or if we were part of what destroyed them. I unload 3 crates from my horse while Lienard struggles to unload his. We open them, making sure nothing was damaged and light a fire before dusting ourselves up and jumping back onto our horses.

As we were galoping around, I stoped at the sight of two kids.

The oldest was a boy with light brown hair that cascades and hides his eyes. He wore nothing but a small short, exposing his burnt skin. He held in his little arms a small baby. The baby had the same hair as his except that she wore a brown dress and her skin was still untouched. I run towards them before taking my cape of and handing it to the boy. 

"Hello little boy. What is your name?" I ask gently, making sure he understood that we meant no harm.

''My name's Maxime... My sister is called Yoana." he mumbles while looking at his feet. I softly take his head in my hands before posing a small kiss on his forehead.

"I'm Lienard and my sister is called Galadriel." spoke Lienard.

"Where are your parents child?" i ask

"They died. A man killed them." Maxime answered looking into my green eyes with his misty brown stare.

"Lienard, search for other children in need please."I whisper without breaking eye contact with the strong little boy.

Lienard POV

I walk around this ghost town before spotting a small child in front of a burnt house, or what seems to be a burnt house. It was a little girl with golden curly hair and full lips. She wore a torn dress and held a small necklass in her hands.

I make my way towards the girl before picking her up and hoisting the frail body onto my shoulders, making sure that she couldn't fall.

She reminds me of Sarah so much!

She holds my neck for support as I walk around seeing nothing but ash and bones. After making sure I looked everywhere, I return to the square where Galadriel was waiting. When i finally arrive, I see that she has already opened a crate and that she had taking care of the two siblings.

I grab the little girl before setting her on the bench. I grab a cloth before dipping it in water and cleaning the little girl. I give her a new dress and she gives me her neckless. It was a small heart shaped locket with Noemi written on it. She comes back from behing the tree and i claps the necklace on her. We approach the fire to see that Galadriel was already making porridge and smoked meat.

After filling every container we could find with food, we walked to every standing batiment, knocked, gave them some clothes, food, books, asked them if they had any relatives that could help them, and finally asked them if they knew Maxime, Yoana or Noemi. After much coaching, the small population left their houses and ate with us. Telling us what had happened.

Now i know i'm only 12 but i'm mature for my age. Something my whole family inherited. We're wiser than our age. Take my older sister for example. Galadriel Ansola Cyprus. 16, acts like an 18 year old lady. Taking care of children like a mother would. After speaking for about an hour, we decided to stay for the night.