Got7's First Time Meeting You ~~~ Shy Girl Series Pt.1

~

Y/N P.O.V

I just moved to Seoul, South Korea a month ago as a foreign exchange student and moved into a small house. Excited is not even the word to describe how I'm feeling. I've always been fascinated with the Korean culture and wanted to live here one day. So when my university offered a chance to study abroad wherever I wanted, all expenses paid, what you think I did? I packed my life up and hopped my ass on the first plane to Seoul. It was an opportunity I definitely couldn't pass on. After I unpacked some of the things I have yet to unpack, due to procrastination. Despite being here for nearly a month already, my furniture from America just came in. The moving company I hired to carry my couch, love seat, recliner, t.v, kitchen table, fridge, stove, and dressers came but I had plenty other stuff to unpack and set up which left my clothes sticking to my sweaty body. After getting out of the shower, I decided to go introduce myself to my neighbors today, in hope that they would accept me and possibly gain new friends. Back in America, I only had 2 close girl friends plus my brother and his friends. You can label me as somewhat of an introvert. I didn't participate in the activities that the majority of the girls I knew did so I was also considered a " lame". Being a tomboy and shy on top of that didn't help either which played a big part of me being rejected socially too. I hung around my brother and guy friends most of the time if I wasn't with the only 2 close girl friends I had who were more like sisters to me. Where I'm from, girls who didn't even know you would hate you for no reason but then try to be in your face. They could miss me with that shit. Luckily I met 2 life long girl friends that loved me for me. Besides them, I'd rather hang out with guys who I could trust and be myself around. And I never felt attracted to them. A few confessed their feelings but I sent them all back disappointed. I've never really had boys or relationships on my mind because my parents raised me on strictly keeping my head in the books, studies and focusing on my future. And they'd be damned if I let a " nappy headed boy" or any boy be a distraction to me. But before I left, I went and bought clothes that were out of my comfort zone. Why? Because moving to Korea was a fresh start for me and I wanted to break out of my shell just a bit. Dressing more feminine was a start. I just hope that the people here won't judge me too much. After all, a black girl moving to Korea is definitely not something you see very often. Quickly, I finish doing the rest of my hygiene routine and pick out an outfit and rejoice because I don't have to battle with my hair because they are in neat faux locs.