Chapter 1: Sanitized

A/N: Some of the story is inspired by this picture:

Gender for the agents, and some other things for this story are going to be inspired by this picture, just a little FYI

Gender for the agents, and some other things for this story are going to be inspired by this picture, just a little FYI. Again art not mine, this one I got off the Splatoon Wiki. It does belong to Nintendo, I couldn't put in the link to it that's why it's not in here. On with the chapter!!

Splotches of pink and green, sanitized ink was covering the floor as Agent 3 and Agent 8 battled fiercely. Agent 8 was almost to the Promised Land, could she survive this fight to see the light of the evening for the first time in her life?  

What's going on?! 3 thought as he was having a hard time trying to get his body back in his control. Why do I feel weird, gooey, goop on the left side of my face?! Agent 3 tried to get a hold of his body again, but alas to no avail. 

Like a puppet with strings, 3's body was now in the hands of Commander Tartar. An A.I built by a scientist 12,000 years ago, right before the human kind went extinct. After 12,000 years, Tartar malfunctioned from what he was originally for. Now he thinks that the scientist who made him wants him to destroy the Inkling and Octoling society. Agent 3's body was on a UFO type platform, under it Captain Cuttlefish was suspended by ropes. Agent 8 threw a Splat Bomb up on the platform, but the bomb only gave 3 half damage. 3 was shooting sanitized, green ink to charge up his special: Stringray. 

"8, watch out! 3's Stringray will splat you if you don't dodge." yelled Marina.  

8 swam as she dodged the Killerwhale like beam that was behind her. 

I'm so sorry. I wish I could stop this! I don’t mean to hurt anyone!

Agent 8 threw another bomb, she managed to land the bomb without it falling off the platform Agent 3 was on. After the bomb went off, 3 went on a super jumping and Splashdown spree to where 8 was. 

"Yo 8, move away from that ring! Move to the side of one of the blocks if you have to!" Pearl said through the earpiece that 8 had gotten earlier. 

"You really think you can beat me, you weakling? Your kind shouldn’t even be here. After all, you were ones to steal our energy source, maybe I should just kill you right now. Or just wipe that determined look of your face and make you beg for mercy! Ha, just imagining it would be so much fun!" 3 laughed coldly. 

The words stabbed Agent 8 through her heart. She had put too much effort into getting this far, why stop now? The place she came from was much worse, she was pretty much a brainwashed slave. She practically had no free will, and to be told that she should go back to the hell she escaped from was something she never wanted to hear. 

“Y-You’re wrong, Octolings deserve to be free as much as Inklings do! Subspecies or not, that doesn't take away from the fact that we have a voice!” Agent 8 yelled as she continued to fight fiercely.   

 "Agent 8, you’ve made it this far, and it would be a waste to give up now! So don’t give up, I know it’s painful, but this isn’t the real Agent 3." Marina encouraged Agent 8.

"8, Reena’s right! We believe in you, just don’t get cooked!” Pearl joined in the encouragement. 

Some shots later, 3 was knocked out cold. 

“I-I did it!” 8 cheered, and then walked over to untie Captain Cuttlefish from the ropes.

The elevator continued up, 8 had finally reached the Promised Land! 8 looked around to see Pearl and Marina on a helicopter. After seeing the helicopter, and super jumping to them, 8 was greeted with Captain Cuttlefish and a still knocked out Agent 3. 

A/n: ok this is done yay! ^o^ hoped you liked it! 

Stay fresh and may Hylia watch over you!

A/N 2: I edited this chapter to where it isn’t just one big paragraph and things are easier to read. Also, 8 actually talks! I figured that while editing this it would be weird if during a fight like the one that does happen with 3 and 8 it would be weird if she didn’t respond, you know? 

Hopefully, with Pearl’s change in dialog, it’s easier to stay true to her character instead of being ooc(out of character). Anyway, with the new edits, is it better or worse? I’m hoping better ^^, there were a lot of grammar errors, things that didn’t make sense, or they just sounded weird, as pointed out with the dialog with 3 and 8. On to editing chapter 2! 
Stay fresh and may Hylia watch over you~